Auto Rotate to Landscape Stopped Working

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

My Question or Issue

Starting this week, the app stopped auto rotating to landscape view on the current song page. On any other page, it works like normal and goes to landscape.

I have restarted my phone, reinstalled the app, and restarted again. No change.

Hey everyone, 

We really appreciate your reports on this.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks have taken a look at this for you.

Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify apps up-to- date to ensure you're on the latest and best version.

Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
scorn8814

Please fix it.it just messes up the entire experience.

BradXY

Its been so long, Plus were paying customers and this is somehting that was added to android back in 2012 and was reported months and months ago and still no progress on a fix.... RIP

Eddgeez

Last Spotify update with horizontal view 8.4.97.807. I've installed that version and it works fine. Screenshot_20190528_224821_com.spotify.music.jpg

scorn8814

I have tried on the new update off google play on both my phones and it still does not function on horizontal veiw while trying to veiw the song and album art in play.

scorn8814

I just uninstalled spotify restarted my phone then reinstalled the app no luck .😵 killing me common guys...any ideas?

scorn8814

Just tried on my wife's phone as well no go.

rkom
Until they fix it you could try androidauto. https://www.android.com/auto/
Eddgeez
It's an old version of Spotify, I was able to save the file. Just make sure to turn off the "Enable auto update" on the Play Store. I'll update if a latest update works but for now this should do. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-7n45BeqpHXBt8vxapfGXZYoKjpkAL-w/view?usp=drivesdk
sswilson
Music Fan

Landscape mode seems to work as advertised if you change the settings to make "car view" always on.

docrayboy

Thanks sswilson. Enabling CarView does allow us to view the song in Land scape mode.

Eddgeez, I downloaded the link you shared but it didn't install. Should we delete our existing Spotify first?

Thanks peps!