Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Automatically changing to random music

Hi there when I’m listing to a playlist, after a few songs Spotify changes to start playing ‘saucy beats’ which is very creepy music not in my library. Could you please advise how I can stop this? It’s always to this same random music. 

Good to hear it's sorted.

If you ever need us again, feel free to give us a shout.

We're always here to help! 🙂 

Comments
SergioDavid
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @Hofmann1, welcome to the Community!

How long has this been happening for? Do you get a pop-up message when it happens? If so, a screenshot of it would be helpful.

Also, are you on a shared WiFi network? Have you ever given anyone else access to your account?

We'll see what we can suggest once we have this info.

Zyrtec

I'm having this same issue! Also switching to play Saucy Beats... I think I tapped the "Boss your life up" playlist at some point, but it keeps randomly autoplaying random saucy beats songs, even if I'm not using Spotify at the time. I'm super confused.

No Popup, no messages, just begins playing on it's own.

Alfredo

Hey folks!

Let's try logging in to your Spotify Account page, and click the "Sign out everywhere" button. Also, try updating your password to be extra careful.

Let us know if that does the trick.

baregravity

This exact same thing had started occurring to me. I've had to remove "saucy beats" several times now within the last few days. As a premium member, this is really annoying. I have never given anyone access to my subscription. I've since signed out of everything and it happened again. I've now changed my password using a password generator. I will update if this happens again. 

Alfredo

Hey @baregravity!

Thanks for giving it a shot. Remember to try and log out from all devices following the steps on the post above.

Let us know if there are any updates.

Cheers.

Hofmann1

Hi @SergioDavid 

It has been happening for 2 - 3 months now. I'm not on a shared WIFI network and don't have Spotify connected to any external forums like Facebook so should be safe. No pop ups come up when it happens, just a change of music. My songs often skip through randomly too so I think there is more to the bug than just the skipping to creepy trance music.

I have logged out of spotify on both devices and logged back in. I'm also on Spotify Premium. 

Thanks

SergioDavid

Thanks for the info @Hofmann1.

We suggest you try changing your password to something super secure. You can do so here. We also suggest you go to your Account Overview and click the Sign Out Everywhere.

If the issue persists after that, let us know.

baregravity

Update: 

I've let Spotify play now non-stop for several hours and no "saucy beats" interruptions. I'm fairly certain I somehow was hacked. I tried all the suggestions given one at a time, but it wasn't until I changed my password that the interruptions stopped. 

I'm going to consider this matter resolved. If anything changes, I'll immediately come back here and give another update.

SergioDavid
Status changed to: Closed

Good to hear it's sorted.

If you ever need us again, feel free to give us a shout.

We're always here to help! 🙂