Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Autoplay not working

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that Autoplay isn't working.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
herr_schaft

Opposite issue. Seems so many of you complained that Spotify now can not be stopped from autoplaying. Have the option disabled on all devices (Android, iOS, Web), yet Spotify won't shut up and keeps autoplaying at the end of playlists or albums.

razlands

I just now had the problem with Autoplay isn't working..

The autoplay option is enabled in the settings, I have played a Spotify playlist and when it reached and ended its last song in the last, it just repeated to the first one and didn't play it (auto-repeat is off).

I was been able to use the autoplay feature by manually playing the last song in the playlist, then pressing the "Next" button.

I'm using the app in OnePlus8 and a Windows laptop combined (played from the phone, controlling it from the laptop, sometimes the opposite, so not really sure what is the source of the issue).

An older issue with the autoplay which I think might be resolved already was that the autoplay was working but repeating the same songs too frequently. 

Anyway, happy to see this issue is taken care of. Keep going!

Texguy82

@Mihail Autoplay still will not work for me when playing a song from search results. Has been ongoing issue for me for well over a year.

Have done numerous clean installs deleting cache, always make sure on latest version of app, autoplay toggle is on, etc. Have done every suggested "fix" and cannot get it to work on Android phone. Currently on Pixel 6 Pro, have Spotify premium, and still nothing. 

• Search for song in search bar, play song from results (song only and not playlist or album), and when song ends doesn't play a similar song.
  • When checking the queue only that song is listed.
  • When clicking next, the song stops playing and goes back to 0:00 on same song.
Olwyn

My autoplay has stopped working, this used to be a great feature so how do I reinstate this, think I will cancel my subscription if this cannot be resolved 

diegg0

For me it depends. If my playlist ends, it won’t work. But if I’m playing a single specific song, it does. 

It seems the matter is related to playlists. 

Armydala

I've faced this issue for a while. when I play a song from searching or on the home screen. Autoplay doesn't work. It just finish that song and stop. none other song in the queue .

before this, clearing recently search history seems to work sometimes, but for the last couple month it doesn't help anymore.

I've tried clean reinstall, delete storage and cache , re-toggle Autoplay, allow notifications, nothing work.
Plan

Family Premium

Device 

Huawei Mate 20X

OS
Android 10 on EMUI 11.0.0

blscatchard

I am having the same problem. Autoplay was one of my favorite featurews of Spotify until it stopped working for me a few weeks ago. It seems crazy hos long this issue as been going on.

I may cancel my premium membership if I can't fix it soon.

Qarya

Plan

Family Premium

Device

Vivo V9

OS

Android 9

I'm also having the same problem with autoplay, this used to happen sometimes but after uninstalling and reinstalling the app it's okay but now autoplay doesn't work at all even after doing the steps that were suggested to fix it but nothing seems to work. I hope this will be solved immediately since autoplay feature is one of my favorite features.

Edit: I also tried using the desktop app but even there autoplay doesn't work.

Willi4

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone X, Desktop

OS

15.1, Windows 10

I am also having an autoplay issue. I've tried logging out individually, logging out everywhere, toggling various features on and off, shuffling the playlist, and restarting my devices. I've tried all these steps on both devices and nothing has worked. 

Thanks for the help. 

shukudai

I have the exact same issue as Texguy82.  Playing a song from the search result does not auto play.  It is played just once and finished; looking at the queue, it is just that particular song.

What is weird is my other plan members do not have this problem.

Plan

Premium family

Device

iPhone 12 pro max

iOS