Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Autoplay not working

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that Autoplay isn't working.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
ameliakho0906

Plan: 

family premium

Singapore

Device: 

oppo r17

Operating system: 

android

Spotify version: 

Muthanna

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands 

Device

One plus 8T

Operating System

Android 11

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

Spotify only plays 1 song and then stops playing. This has been happening for the past few days and it's very annoying.

I have tried the solutions mentioned in this forum and online; enabling autoplay, cleared cache/data, hard uninstall, clean reinstall, not optimising battery usage, restarting my phone, etc... however, nothing is working.

Please help me out! Wish this will be solved asap.

LarryBurnett

I was having tpe problem on my Android Galaxy S10a, Android v11. Did a clean install to version 8.6.42.671, and it's now working.

Nightenom

Plan: student

Devices:

Samsung Tab S7 wifi - Android 11 - 8.6.42.671

Home PC intel i5-3350p 16gb gtx750ti - windows 10 pro - 1.1.63.568.gda8cb5ac-a

discy

Chromecast Audio

Firmware 1.42.172094

josephd60

I am in the same boat. No matter what you do, autoplay refuses to work properly. Hopefully we see a fix soon. 
I also have the latest update, on both Spotify, and iOS 
iPhone 11

iPad 

Spotify Premium version:8.6.44.1230

Struzzzle

Mac OS Big Sur 11.4 (2020 Mac Mini and 2017 iMac, same problem)

Spotify Version 1.1.63.568.gda8cb5ac-a

Tried various combinations of re-installing, toggling settings - it just loops the current playlist, no autoplay. Noticed this about 2 months ago. 

It also sporadically does it on my iPhone 12, OS 14.6 - it auto selects to repeat the playlist, even if I toggle it off, it still doesn't autoplay when finished. 

VibezCity

Hi,

Besides that the autoplay doesn't work, after I listen an album or a song, I can't play anything at all. I press play and it doesn't start. I reinstalled Spotify three times and at the beginning I can listen 2-3 tracks but then it stops working. I changed the network and it still doesn't work.

josephd60

I am about to ditch Spotify, and go back to Apple Music. It’s obvious from looking at past posts, they cannot fix a simple issue. 

Rixregis

Plan

Family Plan

Country

United Kingdom

Device

OnePlus 8

Operating System

Android 

Spotify version

-------------

As someone mentioned above me, it's not only the autoplay that doesn't work. I l play one song and then if I hit next, or shuffle or change songs then it stops playing music completely. I have to force stop and clear cache just so I can play ONE song and be unable to skip again

How are we paying premium and this is a thing?