Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Autoplay not working

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that Autoplay isn't working.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
emma013

I have the same problem. Autoplay is turned off yet Spotify won’t stop playing random, unwanted suggestions and I can’t listen to what I want. Please fix! 

MexiCanaDN

I have the Family Premium plan, but within the last few weeks, when ever I listen to a podcast it stops at the end of the podcast. It doesn't continue to the next episode. It's very annoying going into my app to start a new episode every time one ends. I have quadruple checked my settings, uninstalled the app and reinstalled, done what I can with updates but as of Aug. 13th, 2021 i still have the same issue. Please fix this as its getting a little unbearable.

Jonw3

I have the same exact problem. Been a week now and still not working. Not happy at all. L

johngit56

same issue here, started about a week ago

version 8.6.52.1200  ios  14.7.1   ( ipod )  

Jarrdon

Autoplay hasn't worked for me in over a year. I quit using Spotify and moved over to Apple Music. I just tried using Spotify again, figuring surely the issue would be resolved by now. But in typical Spotify fashion nothing is done to fix it. I think I'm completely done now.

moofy01

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

64bit OS / x64-based processor

Issue

I have Spotify version 1.1.66.578.gc54d0f69-a and autoplay has not been working for me for the last few updates. I've done a clean re-install as well as made sure to have autoplay setting to ON. Once an episode ends, the audio just stops and doesn't start up the next episode. 

CarlosE

Hey folks,

Thanks for bearing with us.

If you're having trouble specifically with podcast episodes not playing automatically, check out this other Ongoing Issue thread and make sure to add your +Vote and comments with the required info there. That one is being investigated separately from this one, as it seems to be affecting only podcast episodes.

For those who were experiencing issues with the Autoplay feature with music, there're new versions of the app for Android, iOS and desktop, so make sure to update it. If the issue persists, let us know the exact Spotify version you're running and we'll let the teams in charge know so they can continue looking into this.

Thanks!

alexperez97

Plan

Premium

Country

Nicaragua

Device

Xiaomi Mi 9 SE

Operating System

Android 

Spotify Version

Devices

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)

Operating System

Mac OS Big Sur

Spotify Version
1.1.66.580.gbd43cbc9-a

My Question or Issue

Autoplay isn't working. I have tried enabling and disabling, clearing cache and data, uninstalling and reinstalling and it still isn't working 

Mihail

Hey @alexperez97 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you confirm if only podcasts are affected? If that's the case, you can follow the advice that @CarlosE posted above.

If Autoplay doesn't work in general, we'd appreciate it if you asked a friend or family member to log in to their account on your devices and see if the same is happening there. Make sure to also include a couple of screenshots of your Autoplay settings and the queue in your reply.

Keep us posted. The community is here for you if you have any questions. 

tmizutani

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil 

Device

Desktop, Xiaomi Mi 11, Samsung S21 any device.

Operating System

Windows 10, Android

Issue

Doesn't matter what device I'm using, when my playlist/music ends, it just stops and doesn't play anything else. 

One fact is: this problem started after I changed my plan from family to duo. Not exactly right after but that was the only thing that I recently changed in my account/settings.