[BUG] Android Application not handling URIs properly.

Device: LG G3

Operating System Version: Android 5.0

Spotify Version: 4.7.0.878

Description: URI links are not handled by the Android application correctly. When clicking on a track URI link, Spotify opens but it does not play the track. If you go to the menu and click "Your Library" the track suddenly plays. Tracks should play immediately after pressing a URI link.

To reproduce:

1. Try clicking this on your android device: spotify:track:4WeCgZY0E0j0hmObLIgdyB
  2. The track wont play, but if you go to the menu and press "Your Library" it will play.

Workaround: None

Additional information:

Awesome! 

We're setting this as "Fixed". Feel free to give us a shout if Spotify starts misbehaving again.

Keep on dancing 🙂 

Comments
gnovella16
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey there! 

Thanks for bringing this up. Can you try to reinstall Spotify following these steps: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/. Let us know if it helps.

Keep on dancing 🙂 

MatthewLM

Hi.

Now spotify fails to load at all. I had an ANR which I just reported.

Matt

MatthewLM

It says "No Storage Area Found", despite having 2.63GB available on internal storage and 45.47GB available on the SD card.

MatthewLM

I cleared the data and Spotify loads now, but the exact same problem as described in the original post persists.

MatthewLM

This problem still occurs.

MatthewLM

Why has this not been looked into?

gnovella16

Hey! 

Sorry for the late response.  

Is this still happening? If so, can you make sure you have given Spotify permission? Just  head to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Permissions > and give Spotify "Storage" permission to see if that works. Also, is Spotify still misbehaving if you try to open a track with the URI?

Keep us posted.

MatthewLM

Hi. I think it was solved after an update. It is working now.

gnovella16
Status changed to: Fixed

Awesome! 

We're setting this as "Fixed". Feel free to give us a shout if Spotify starts misbehaving again.

Keep on dancing 🙂