[BUG][MAC] Spotify fails to register Magic Mouse clics (2)

My previous report got closed for inactivity because my answer would just disappear after a few minutes for some reason... I repost it here with the additional info asked by Spotify:

Issue:

When Magnet (a widely used windows management app, ranked in Apple's top productivity apps) is running on the mac, Spotify will fail to register most of the clics from an Apple Magic Mouse.

The UI 'mouse down' effects are triggered, but the linked action will not happen.

The exact same issue happened to Google Chrome for months and was finally fixed in v63.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/RTwyyAhUA88/VtsEJ-slBwAJ 

Versions:

More info:

• It happens only when using an Apple Magic Mouse
  • It happens only with Spotify (it used to happen in Chrome too, but Google fixed it in v63. Magnet did not update anything)
  • UI 'mouse down' effects are triggerred, but not the linked action unless you click 2 to 5 times most of the time.
  • Magnet is used by a LOT of people. It's been in Apple's top apps for ages.

Let me know if you need more info  (I hope that my comments will not disapear on this post after a few minutes like in my previous post)

Thanks for your help !

Quentin

Hey there, @quentinhyt

Thanks again for reporting this.

We can confirm the tech team are aware of this now, and looking into it.  

We don't have an exact timeframe for a fix, but if we have anything to share we'll keep you updated here.

In the meantime, we'd recommend keeping everything up-to-date and we appreciate you bearing with us :)

Thanks,

/M

0 Likes
Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey there, @quentinhyt

Thanks again for reporting this.

We can confirm the tech team are aware of this now, and looking into it.  

We don't have an exact timeframe for a fix, but if we have anything to share we'll keep you updated here.

In the meantime, we'd recommend keeping everything up-to-date and we appreciate you bearing with us :)

Thanks,

/M