Background data usage

I had a crazy bill from Verizon this month and couldn't figure out why I'd allegedly gone over my data limit. It appeared Spotify had ysed a whopping 1.62 GB of data for the month -- according to the screenshot, only 115 MB of that was foreground data and 1.51 GB was background. I've never seen this before. I've since restricted background data just for Spotify, but I shouldn't have to do that -- I also don't know how it will affect my ability to stream. Seeing this issue on a number of other threads so I would really like to see it resolved considering it affects my phone bills.

Capture+_2018-02-22-16-30-43.png
Hey,

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 😃 
0 Likes
Comments
Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @theoriginal911, thanks for reaching out to us!

Could you send us your device's make and model, Android, and Spotify version?

What sound quality are you using Spotify with? Just head to Settings > Music Quality, and let us know both the streaming and download quality. Also, let us know if you have active the "Download using cellular" option on.

At a glance, 1.62 GB for using Spotify throughout a full month doesn't seem excessive, so let us know around how often and how long you use Spotify for.

We'll see what we can suggest.

JuanSebastian
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed
Hey,

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 😃 

Related Issues