Announcements
We're aware that some podcasts are unplayable right now. Additional info can be found here.

Bad sound/compression artifacts in Spotify

Hi guys,

Every now and then I listen to an album in Spotify and I notice dynamic range compression artifacts. For example in this classical album, every time the music gets loud, there's a clearly audible crackling sound that is very annoying. spotify:album:6atL3MZ3eLYpx8uAXnYHxy

I have of course checked if the crackling sound wasn't due to the hardware I used, but I'm sure it's not: it's audible on every device I use (laptop, Android media player connected to home HiFi set, phone connected to car stereo).

Fortunately, this doesn't happen on too many recordings, but it's still annoying. Searching the internet I came across someone saying the issue is due to record companies providing less than perfect digital audio files.

Hey @toeter! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool! I've passed this on to the right folks at Spotify. Let's hope this will get fixed soon! 🙂

Have a lovely day!

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @toeter! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool! I've passed this on to the right folks at Spotify. Let's hope this will get fixed soon! 🙂

Have a lovely day!