Birthday Typo in Account Settings

Not sure if this is the right section- I assume it is because it’s an account issue- but my birthday is the first of May. I noticed on spotify that it said “April 30th” which I thought was weird, so I went to change it. When I went to change it though, it showed it already as May 1st. I pressed saved changes to try and update it but it stays at April 30th still. 

B332399F-C265-4174-AEE6-BC0B7DE0D9CF.png
86B98962-5138-4ECE-BBDC-160F539A5305.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! 

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Bellchambers2
Music Fan
Maybe change it to a different date for example 10th of December and then change it back to 1st of May
ImNotFlame
Casual Listener

I just tried changing it to the 7th of May, and it showed up as the 6th of May. Weird. 

Ataneja
Visitor

On the Spotify website, I log in and go to my account settings. I go to the "edit profile" tab and change my date of birthday to some date, written generally as X/ Y/ Z, and then I click "Save Profile." After navigating to the "Account Overview" tab, my date of birth will be displayed as X/ (Y-1)/ Z. For instance if I changed my birthday to 10/5/1999 on the edit profile tab, on the account overview tab, it would be displayed as 10/4/1999. From what I have observed this happens for all dates.

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 9.33.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 9.34.08 AM.png
Ivan
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it. If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this. 

ImNotFlame
Casual Listener

@Ivan 

Country of residence: US

Device + OS: happens on my desktop computer (running windows 10) and my iphone 11 (running ios 13). This happens in the browser, not the spotify app. 

Spotify version is irrelevant as it’s the website not the app. 

Elena
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! 

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

krkqugy4u5dbu3a
Visitor

Currently dealing with the same issue because it shows my birthday just one day off even though it says the issue is fixed.  Can someone help fix this issue?

Elena

Hey @krkqugy4u5dbu3a!

Thanks for reporting this to us. It looks like this is still happening to a small number of users after our fix.

Could you try logging out and back in on your account page? If that doesn't solve it, it's a good idea to clear your browser's cache and try another browser.

If the issue still persists we'll need to know the following info:

• The date of birth that appears here 
  • What the correct month and day of the date of birth is
  • Is the DOB automatically incorrect as soon as you opened Account Overview? Or did it happen after editing it or other fields in Edit Profile page?
  • Note: Don't post your full date of birth

We'll be on the lookout for your update!

da4an1qu1
Visitor

Why is this marked as fixed? It's still not working for me. @Elena , do you want the details? Here they are:

Spotify1.pngSpotify2.png

I hadn't logged into Spotify for a really long time, perhaps years rather than just months. And I haven't tried resetting my DOB yet.

It seems likely to me to be a timezone issue, especially as I am in Australia, which is UTC+11 and about 15 hours ahaed of Eastern Time.

Related Issues