Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Black screen is shown on iOS mobile devices right after the app has been started.

Hey there,

We've received reports of users seeing a black screen after launching the app on iOS mobile devices.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
athayabadrika

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

iPad Mini 6

Operating System

iPadOS 15.6

My Question or Issue

Hello,
Every time I try to open Spotify on my iPad I am always greeted by an eternal Black Screen. I've tried to reinstall the app many times and also restarting my iPad but the problem still occurs. I've tried to change my Wi-Fi connections but it still won't work. Please help me because I depends so much on this app!

Meisyadewi

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

(Iphone X) 

Operating System

(iOS 15.6)

My Question or Issue

When I open the app all I can see just blank screen, I’ve tried reinstall the app and restart my phone but still can login to my account

0A5E25FC-233E-4BAB-A8D7-ED1E8F4D9CBF.png
21rzux5v6o2paics5xq7

i have similar problem 

Plan

Premium Family Plan

Country

Indonesia

Device

(Iphone 13 pro) 

Operating System

(iOS 15.6)

I also try on iPhone 12 with IOS 15.5 version. After a fresh installation from AppStore, the Spotify apps only show a blank screen. 

21rzux5v6o2paics5xq7

I have similar problem

elwray88

have same problem as well

dannypwardhana

I have similar issue here on iphone 11 pro ios 15.6

Yannuar

12 mini with 15.6 have same problem

21rzux5v6o2paics5xq7

i have found the solution

open the spotify while your connectivity are off, preferably using airplane mode. it will force spotify to give warning, then put the connection on, voila it works.

dannypwardhana

Thank you for the solution. Its really helpfull and now my spotify is working. So thanks alot.

Dian
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there,

Our tech team is currently looking into the reasons for this behavior.

If you've uninstalled the app, restarted the device and installed the app again, but still see the black screen, add your vote to this thread, so we can get a clear view on the impact of this issue.

We'd also need the Spotify version you're currently using and the model and operating system version of the mobile device.

Thank you all!