Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Black screen is shown on iOS mobile devices right after the app has been started.

Hey there,

We've received reports of users seeing a black screen after launching the app on iOS mobile devices.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
natasya11

I have the same black screen issue with iPhone 11 iOS 15.6, Spotify version 8.7.50.416. But it is resolved after I tried one of the comments solution, turn on the airplane mode then open the Spotify app. The app just open perfectly fine. After that just turn off the airplane mode and turn on your wifi/data back. Thank you user for posting up that solution. To Spotify team; please continue to investigate this problem 🙏🏻

_OffTee_

I’ve reported a related issue with my ‘Library’ missing the ‘Playlist’ Downloaded’ and ‘Album’ buttons…so can’t sort anything.

Have had repeated conversations with advisors who said it was related to updates affecting certain accounts, then corrupt account files and now pointing me towards this issue chat.

Fingers crossed it’ll be sorted soon.

danieltoby7

Me too, im on ios 15.6 and spotify 8.7.50

_OffTee_

Plan: Family Premium 

Devices: iPhone X & iPad Air 2

Spotify Ver: 8.7.50.416

Aside from missing the ‘Download, Playlist & Album’ buttons in my Library when logged in to my account…I’ve tried logging in on an identical family iPhone and it works OK on theirs, but not mine.
It also worked on the Spotify test account when I was speaking to an Spotify advisor, but as soon as I logged in using my credentials, none of the Library buttons show on either of my iPhone or iPad.

Kiril

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your reports and feedback on this subject!

We'd like to share with you that our developers have done some changes last week and we'd like to see if the issue is now resolved for you.  Please make sure that you update your apps to the latest available version and see if this will make a difference from your previous experience.

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your replies.

_OffTee_

Both device and software updated and it made no difference…the problem is still happening.

Really frustrating that it appears to affect my ‘account’ and not other family member logins…not hardware or software.

Dian
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Rocky1989

The issue is still happening. I have the latest version updated on my iPhone 12 PRO MAX and it is still showing the black screen even when I am constantly using the app. 

_OffTee_

Not Fixed!….I’ve still got the same issue as originally posted…my Library page is STILL missing the ‘Playlist’ & ‘Albums’ buttons across the top, whilst the ‘Download’ button (which comes and goes) is currently showing.

42qeisus

First I thought my issue was with my Echo I've unplugged and reset my echo (Echo Show 10- 3rd generation ) - I've done a factory reset- I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify- unlinked it- tried an alternate account- nothing has helped. Had no issues for over a year and now out of nowhere it constantly stops playing- This is NOT an internet connection issue.   And the Echo is up to date on software updates!

Now I'm realizing it happening on my iPhone, and on my windows desktop. I've tried everything- all devices are up to date- I tried uninstalling and signing out of Spotify. I don't understand what is happening. Music just instantly stops

Here is a link for a video showing exactly what happens. https://youtube.com/shorts/KQbCf5U7QQ0?feature=share

PLEASE HELP!