Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blends not working

We're seeing posts that existing Blend playlists can't be accessed anymore and that folks are also unable to accept new Blend invitations.  Reports also mention that the app just goes back to the Home page or gets a loading screen after clicking on the invite button.  This is happening on both iOS and Android devices.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

The initial cause for blends not working has been resolved.

We're seeing a mix of several different reports here, so we'd recommend that raise them in separate threads so they can be looked at on their own merit.

Thanks!

Comments
Lake011

With the blend playlist updating daily, it allowed me to use the playlist. It works now. Thank you. 

zoinks87

Ditto over here.
 Not working for neither my partner or I.

Just stuck on a loading screen when selecting the blend (happens on pc and mobile).

reece__

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 12, Web Browser, Windows Desktop, Spotify API

Operating System

iOS, Windows 10

Problem

Blends load indefinitely when attempting to access them.
When using Spotify's web API's "Get Playlist Items" request on a blend playlist, 502 Bad Gateway is returned.

{
  "error": {
    "status": 502,
    "message": "Bad gateway."
  }
}

Eni

Hi folks! 

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far. 

There's a new version of the app available. Make sure to update it and let us know how it goes. 

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

awesomedirneli

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Huawei P30

Today I wanted to create a blend with my girlfriend and at the first time it actually went good, but suddenly there occurred a problem which lead me to not being able to create any blend again. Whenever I try to create a blend it just shows this: 

Screenshot_20211202_203329_com.spotify.music.jpg

cecewinanddine

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 15.1

Problem @Eni 

When I try to create a Spotify Blend playlist and send the link to my friend, it says "Blend not found" when she tries to open the link. Same thing happens when she tries to invite me. We both updated the app a few minutes ago. 

acarlson1994

Reinstalling Spotify on my Android 12 device made the invite links work!

CarlosE

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

Can you let us know if you're still experiencing this issue after updating and reinstalling the app?

Keep us posted.

stephanimansur
My blend playlists don't update.
I have 3, with different friends, and they're all the same since we created them. They should update every day as per the description.
hh905

Blend was never refreshing so I removed it but now cannot re-blend - I no longer have that option.  

I removed Spotify and reinstalled it (iPhone - iOS) and still cannot even initiate the blend feature.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version

iPhone 8+ and iOS 15.1

• exact Spotify version

• country

Canada

• your subscription type

Premium 

• a list of the troubleshooting steps tried

Removed and reinstalled Spotify.  Tried to contact tech support but obviously no go.