Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Bluetooth Playback Controls Unresponsive Through Android Wear

I have this issue on a Galaxy S8 with Beats Solo 3 Wireless headphones. I have to close and re-open the app a few times to get it to work again. Reinstalling the app did not seem to completely fix the issue. Currently have spotify app version 8.4.28.875. Skip/Previous functionality is not affected. The Google Play music app or other music apps are not affected.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the recent reports since our last update. 

We can confirm that the tech team are still aware of this happening for some users, and will be working towards a solution.

We don't have an exact timeframe for a fix, but hopefully it'll be updated soon. 

For now, we'd recommend keeping your app and all devices fully up-to-date.

Thanks!

Comments
Aquarius17

@Hyper_Puke

This thread is about not being able to control play/pause and track back/forward via Bluetooth at all. I guess your described issue belongs to the following (closed) thread:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-Spotify-randomly-pauses-music/idi-p/1291316

Derla002
No, it's not!

It doesn't randomly pause, it doesn't pause with the pause/pay button on my Jaybird X3's

It does go forward and back.

E-beard

Well I am glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing problems with Spotify and Android wear 🙂

But it still **bleep**.

For what it's worth I will also mention my problems.

I'm not possible to control Spotify with my earbuds, except for volume control. I experience the problems on my bluetooth earbuds as well as on my wired earbuds. I am also not able to control Spotify via my bluetooth car display and I am not able to control Spotify from my lock screen. If I uninstall android wear it all works fine again (not able to use my smartwatch though). 

I use:

- Samsung Galaxy S8 (completely updated)

- AKG wired earbuds (came with the S8)

- Skullcandy Ink'd wireless earbuds

- LG G watch R (with android wear completely updated)

- Spotify latest update running

I hope there will be a fix soon!

Melody

Hey folks,

Thanks for the recent comments and examples.

Rest assured these have all been passed along! We really appreciate you bearing with us.

The right team are still looking into things, and although we don't have an exact timeframe for a fix we hope to hear more soon.

If you're having this issue but don't have Android Wear installed on your device, please note you'll need to create a new issue report here. This is just so that we can provide everyone the best support.

Many thanks,

/M

Mibias

Phone: Galaxy S8 with Android 8.0
Bluetooth devices: Bose QC35 ii and Zenwatch 3
Spotify version: 8.4.39.673.armV7

I just got the update to 8.0 Oreo, and I have played around with it for a couple of hours. It looks like my bluetooth control issues are gone.
play/pause has been working for several hours now, both from the headset and my watch.
I'll keep you updated if the situation changes. Anybody else got the Oreo update and find that things are working?

Melody

Hey there, @Mibias

Thank you for letting us know! We're really happy to hear this seems to have helped for you.

If anyone else notices the same changes, give us a shout 🙂

All the best,

/M

E-beard

Hi there all,

@Mibias great to hear it helped. Unfortunately Samsung has stopped the rollout of Android 8.0 before I could get it. So I have to wait a little longer. 

I hope this will permanently fix the problem. The problem disappeared for me when I reinstalled Spotify. But returned after a couple of days. So still waiting for a permanent fix.

@Melody I also contacted the Dutch helpdesk of Spotify. They weren't very helpful. I fact the help was very bad and felt like a trail & error of days. 

Now they told me that Spotify has only a single output. They said that I had to choose, or using my smartwatch or using Spotify with Bluetooth earphones. 

I can't imagine that is true. That would be a very sad story. 

I still think there is a bug or conflict between Spotify and Android Wear. 

I am happy that this community is taking this as a serious issue. I hopefully wait for a fix anytime soon.

Mibias

@E-beardThey definitely misunderstood the situation. You are not trying to output sound through your watch and phone at the same time, you are trying to use the bluetooth controls.
I think this forum is the best support you can get, since the feedback is going directly to the development team, and someone will definitely let you know in here if they find a way to fix the problem.

For me everything is still working now, 4 days after updating to Oreo. So I'm crossing my fingers that if nothing else, that fixes it. Still hoping that the issue is fixed for the vast majority of people who are not on Oreo, of course.

E-beard

@Mibias you get it. I have spent many emails on trying to explain this to the Dutch helpdesk and now they aren't responding anymore. 

On this community at least people hear me and take this seriously. 

Hopefully the issue is solved very quickly. I'm also still waiting for Android Oreo. 

Thinking of getting a Google Pixel next time. 

Jack
Status changed to: Closed

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the recent reports since our last update. 

We can confirm that the tech team are still aware of this happening for some users, and will be working towards a solution.

We don't have an exact timeframe for a fix, but hopefully it'll be updated soon. 

For now, we'd recommend keeping your app and all devices fully up-to-date.

Thanks!