Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

Bluetooth car connectivity

This used to not be a problem on ios 9. Then on ios 10 anytime my phone connected to Bluetooth not just on my car it would deselect shuffle play and repeat playlist. Then I downloaded ios 11 public beta 7, and yes I know it is only the beta, but whenever I try to skip a song anytime even off of Bluetooth it would deselect shuffle play and the repeat button. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and re-logged and everything and this issue won't go away. I think it is a bug for ios 10 and 11. I don't think this is a popular issue but it hasn't been fixed.

Hey @dubdub4747!

Spotify are aware of this one and all info has been passed on to their best tech folks. Keep an eye out on this page for updates. Let me know if there's anything else.

Have a great day!

P.S.: Thanks @fischfun for your awesome help! 🙂

Comments
fischfun

Hey dubdub4747!

I can tell how that could be an unamusing issue while driving...

Sounds like an iOS-bluetooth related software bug and could even possibly have to do with your car itself and the way it communicates with your bluetooth. I recommend checking for updates for Spotify, and if you haven't yet, update your phone to the brand new iOS 11 Public Beta 8! Then I recommend completely restarting your bluetooth connection with your car.

Restarting your iPhone would help as well (solves 99.9% of my problems).

If this doesn't work, I suggest possibly talking to Spotify Support.

Hubo
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @dubdub4747!

Spotify are aware of this one and all info has been passed on to their best tech folks. Keep an eye out on this page for updates. Let me know if there's anything else.

Have a great day!

P.S.: Thanks @fischfun for your awesome help! 🙂