Bluetooth disconnects when playing local files

I connect my iPhone SE (iOS 10) to my car radio. 

If I play songs from Spotify it works fine. 

If I play local files which I synced from my Desktop-PC the bluetooth connection disconnects randomly and instantly connects again. Sometimes it doesn't reconnect and I even can't reconnect manually. 

Due to this I first thought my radio is broken. But I exchanged it and the issue is still there. Since it always and only happens when I play local files it has to be an issue with Spotify or iOS. 

We're closing this thread as we never received an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 😃 
0 Likes
Comments
Alejandro_C
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @Deister, welcome to the Community!

Can you let us know what car radio system and Spotify version you're currently using? Also, did this happen before the iOS 10 update?

We'll see what we can suggest. 

Deister
Music Fan

Hello @Alejandro_C

The car radio is an Audi Concert which I upgraded with an Watermark Audio Bluetooth Interface. I already exchanged the adapter so it is very unlikely that this is the troublemaker here. 

I use the latest version of Spotify (6.5.0.1665). I didn't use bluetooth with iOS 9 so I can't say anything in these regards. 

Alejandro_C
Spotify Legend

Thanks for replying!

Just to confirm, have you by any chance already tried reinstalling the app on your iOS device?

Keep us posted. 

Deister
Music Fan

@Alejandro_C 

No I have not, because I have to redownload ~2000 songs then...

Do you think it could help? 

Alejandro_C
Spotify Legend

No worries, we understand. 

Let's try the first 3 steps listed here and let us know if they help.

JuanSebastian
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

We're closing this thread as we never received an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 😃 
Deister
Music Fan

Hi @JuanSebastian

I identified a song (local file) which kills the bluetooth connection every time I play it. (100% reproducable) 

The connection also gets killed occasionally with songs from the Spotify servers but this happens very rarely. (~Once every 5 hours). 

Do you think this might help? Should I send you the file for investigation?