Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong metadata displayed on car radio via Bluetooth

Hi!

On my Mazda 3 2018 the song title and song name freezes after first track is played after i start my car. The forward and backward buttons to change song  on my steering wheel still works though.

This is with my Oneplus 7t Pro connected through bluetooth. This started to happens after two (or one, cant be sure) updates of Spotify ago.

Hello all,

We can confirm that the underlying root cause for what caused this issue when it was first opened has been resolved. The amount of votes per week and reports this issue has received have slowed down considerably and we see quite a few confirmations that everything works as usual, which confirms that for the majority of users, this should be fixed and the remaining reports have different causes.

We've noticed Pioneer and JVC-Kenwood radios being mentioned in the posts. If that's the case, check here for more information, as these are unrelated to this investigation.

There is a subset of other devices which still experience a variant of this issue - delays in the metadata updates or similar. Investigations have shown that these are most likely caused by deep sleep regimes or the odd BlueTooth incompatibility.

Full support is only possible on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto enabled dashboards. We'll keep tweaking and optimizing the app to try and alleviate issues, however we cannot guarantee complete functionality across all different car and phone models. Some users have posted different alternatives in this thread that could help so it's worth trying those out.

If there're any further updates, we'll make sure to post them.

Take care and safe driving!

Comments
Eazy2
Have tried to reboot my phone, uninstall and install Spotify, clear cache and storage and finally ask God as Spotify is not interested to help out.

Where can i download previous version of Spotify? I don't trust the sites out there as they might include spyware or keylogger.
Eni

Hi @Eazy2

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you unpair and then re-pair your phone with the car. 

Lastly, we don't recommend using previous versions of the app since it can interfere with the app's optimal performance. 

Let us know how it goes!

Eazy2
I have now done all the suggestions you mentioned, but it does not work. I notices the after first song it works, but after the third song it halts and all i see is the previous song title and song name.

I have had my car since 2018 and it has been working up til now with two different phones. So it is the last update (or the previous version before that. I dont update apps that often.) that make this problem.

Can I somehow make a log and make a bug report?
Eni

Hi again @Eazy2,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Did you try using a different type of connection, like a cable, to see if this behavior persists?

Additionally, make sure that there aren't any firmware updates available for your car's stereo.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

Eazy2
Hi!
I dont see that it should be necessary to update the cars firmware as it have been working until one or two versions of Spotify ago.

On my server I found a older Spotify version (7.9.0.746) that i had backed up. I installed it and with that version there is no problem, so the problem lie with Spotify and not on my end.
Peo76

Hello

I have the same problem. 

Tried clean reinstalling, switch AVCRP to 1.3 and unpaired the phone.

I have a new Toyota Corolla with the latest multimedia firmware. Also OnePlus 6 fully updated. 

Tidal, amazon music, youtube, they run finely.

Spotify has this bug from a couple of versions ago. 

What I'm paying for??? 

Jeremy

Hey there @Eazy2 and @Peo76,

Thank you for your posts. We're sorry to hear that you still experience this.

We suggest that you make sure that your firmware are up to date since that can cause the issue.

It would also be great if you can try to connect another device to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Peo76
Thank you for the suggestion.
I tried a Samsung Galaxy A7 and Spotify runs finely.
On my OnePlus 6 Spotify is the only app that does not send correct metadata to the multimedia infotainment of my Toyota.
Tidal, Amazon Music and Youtube runs finely, so the problem is not the phone. The problem is in Spotify when runs on a OnePlus phone.
CarlosE

Hey @Peo76,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for that info.

There seems to be indeed an issue with how the Spotify data is transmitted from your phone to your car's audio system. Could you try using a cable and let us know how that works?

Also, could you try using a different account, like a friend's or relative's, on your phone connected via Bluetooth to your car and let us know if that makes any difference? This would help us rule out if this is rather account-related.

We'll be on the lookout.

Escaleok

Greetings!

Same issue here. I have OnePlus 6 (Android 10, latest released version), my car is a Mazda CX-3 (OS also updated). I have installed the latest version of the app on my phone. I have another OnePlus 6 with a different account and the issue is the same.

Too many coincidences, don't you think?