Announcements

Bottom Browser Bar Disappeared?

I used to have the bottom browser bar.Today I was listening to Spotify and went back into the app to switch a song and the bottom browse bar was suddenly gone? It now has the hamburger menu.

I deleted the data and cache for the app, then uninstalled the app, restarted my phone, and installed the app again. 

What can I do to get the bottom browser bar back?

Below are the pictures of what my Spotify looks like now, the Spotify version number, along with my phone OS version. As well as a picture I pulled from Google to show what my UI used to look like. 

What I have nowWhat I have nowMy Spotify versionMy Spotify versionMy phone OS versionMy phone OS versionWhat I used to haveWhat I used to have

Hey @Voldiemert

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

We're always testing things in order to improve Spotify. There's more info here. We'll let the right team know it's something you'd like to see back. 

Hope that helps. 

Comments
Mara_F
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @Voldiemert

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

We're always testing things in order to improve Spotify. There's more info here. We'll let the right team know it's something you'd like to see back. 

Hope that helps. 

Voldiemert

@Mara_F Thanks! For the time being, I installed an older version of Spotify and it has the browser bar enabled. 

Voldiemert

@Mara_F I see you changed the status to "Not an Issue." I stayed on Spotify v6.3.0.882 for two weeks in anticipation of a new version coming out. Just two days ago v6.9.0.1212 was released. I'm having the same issue as before. I can upgrade from v6.3.0.882 to v6.9.0.1212. The first time I open the app, the browser bar is present at the bottom of the screen. Once I close the app and open it again, the browser bar at the bottom is gone and I'm back to the terrible hamburger menu. 

Is there any way that I can opt-out of testing? It aggrivates me that I pay a monthly premium and don't have an option to opt out of testing. It also seems like a strange thing to test, considering it's a downgrade of the UI. 

Chewsonthemove

I don’t think this is a test of something new. I’ve been having this issue for a while. The reason I don’t think it’s a test is that 1. When you drag up on the bottom menu to view the currently playing song the menus briefly appear at the bottom but can’t be interacted with. 2. There isn’t any way to access search, browse, your music, or any other part of the app that you are not directly viewing when the error occurs, all of those functions disappear from the perspective of the user, which is a major issue. It’s essentially locking you out of the vast majority of the app. 3. This does not occur on startup. Restarting the app causes the bottom menu to reappear, and it does not consistently disappear when you go to your home menu and return to the app (at least on Apple IOS systems.) So far it appears to be a bug that occurs randomly. 

If this is actually testing, then I agree with @Voldiemert that we should, at least with prime, be able to opt out of this testing because it directly restricts a paid users access to a large amount of the content of the app that we have paid for. 

If it provides any more info about the issue and helps resolve it quicker I can post screen caps from my device when this issue occurs again, along with the same info posted by DrZoo. It occurs daily so it will not take long to post that information. It’s definitely still an unresolved issue. 

Env: prod