[Bug] After closing Spotify music keeps playing

Original Post: click here

Software and Hardware

Android 6.0.1 / LG-H830

Steps

1. Have music playing

2. Close Spotify

What (sometimes) happens

Music keeps playing and now Spotify is no longer in the notification bar or in the list of open apps.

What I expect to happen

Spotify exits and music does not keep playing.

We're glad to hear it's working now @KaceyC555!

If there's anything else we can do for you, just give us a shout.

Have an amazind day :) 

Related Issues

Comments
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @Webster2703!

Thanks for letting us know about this. We'd like to know a little bit more about what's going on. Can you let us know the Spotify version you're using? Also, have you noticed if this started after an app update? 

Also, it's worth checking if Spotify is still running on the background after you close it. Does it happen using WiFi, 3G/4G, both? 

Keep us posted :)

KaceyC555

This keeps happening to me too on my Samsung S7.  Sometimes it played randomly when I plug my headphones in.  I can't find the app running anywhere on my phone and it keeps playing 

Spotify
Spotify

That's not cool @KaceyC555!

Can you send over the info that @Fabian_SB requested on the previous post?

We'll see what we can suggest.

KaceyC555

@EstefanyI am using Spotify Mobile on my Samsung Galaxy S7, Android Version 6.0.1. I have Spotify Version 6.3.0.882 installed. It has been doing this for awhile (through a few updates I believe).

I have tried multiple ways of closing the App when it keeps playing after I close it. I can't find it "running" on my phone. The only way I can turn it off is to open in, pause music, and then close it again. It happens on both Wifi and 3G/4G. I think it's only done it once when I plugged my headphones in it started playing randomly. Not sure how to replicate that.

Spotify
Spotify

Thanks for sending that info @KaceyC555!

Can you try reinstalling the app with these steps: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/reinstallation-of-spotify/?

Let us know if it makes any difference.

Spotify
Spotify

Hey @KaceyC555,

Do you still need us to lend a hand? If so, can you let us know if reinstalling the app made any difference?

We're here, and always happy to see what we can suggest.

Have a lovely day :)

KaceyC555

After reinstalling the App, everything is good so far.

Thank you and you have a lovely day as well.

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Closed

We're glad to hear it's working now @KaceyC555!

If there's anything else we can do for you, just give us a shout.

Have an amazind day :)