Spotify version: Windows Client: 22.214.171.124.gcd94e7db
* It is possible to accidentally send multiple identical songs/messages to someone by sharing.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Right click any song you want to share
2. Select Share...
3. Select "Send To..." Tab
4. Type in / select a person you want to send it to
5. Type Something in the "Say something about this song (Optional)" Textbox
6. Click on any song/playlist in the client (outside the sharing window)
--- The sharing window will dissappear
7. Right Click the same song again
8. Select Share
--- The sharing window will appear with the information you previously set
9. Click send.
EXPECTED: the song is shared with the message you have entered
ACTUAL: The sone and the message is sent to the recepient twice.
PS! Doing steps 6 to 9 multiple times increases the message count sent to the recepient.
Yeah this is an actual issue. Try posting it here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/idb-p/Spotify_Bugs .
Would you like this post moved to the Bugs section of the community? https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/idb-p/Spotify_Bugs
I or another Rock Star or Mod can move this for you to the right section so another user can test this out and see. The only change, which version of Windows - 7, 8.1, or 10 did this happen with?
Also Note there is also a new Windows client version update rolling out: 126.96.36.199.gf29d9be0
Thanks for moving it, I didn't notice the "Outgoing Issues" section, sorry.Tested with 2 different computers and was able to reproduce it with both Windows 7 and Windows 8
The bug is that the client says that you sent many messages but you only actually sent one.
We'll look into this. Any more info and/or consensus on what you feel the bug actually is would also be welcome 🙂