[Bug] Spotify app will not disable Data Saver (OnePlus 6T)

Plan

Premium Family member

Country

United States

Device

OnePlus 6T

Operating System

Android 9 Pie

My Question or Issue

Hello!

I've come across a strange bug after upgrading to a OnePlus 6T today, and I wanted to make support aware of it. From a fresh install and sign in, I go to settings and see that data saver is turned off as I want it to be. However, upon scrolling down to change my streaming quality for both WiFi and data to Very High, data streaming is capped to low and I cannot change it, as if Data Saver was turned on.

Scrolling back up then shows data saver is now turned on. Turning it back off and scrolling back down to the stream quality settings then remains locked, and looping back up shows that the option for data saver has once again been turned on without my permission. Uninstalling and logging out and back in does not fix this issue. As I was typing up the post, I then found out that taking my device into landscape mode, and turning off the data saver option, then allows me to change streaming quality. Changing back to portrait for any reason whatsoever then resets this, which is very irritating as you guys could imagine. Hopefully this information will help nail down this bug!

Hey all,

Thanks for sending us your reports so far.

We're currently working on a fix for this. 

In the meantime, please make sure to look out for new updates and keep the app updated.

Thanks! We'll keep you posted with any updates in this thread.

Related Issues

Comments
neoEZ
Regular

Same here for OnePlus 6 with the Android Pie latest updates. 

Disabling Car Vew also fixed the issue for me.  Very high quality is what we need all the time your poor peasants. 

Bohboh

Same here. Landscape mode does not work,neither Spotify Auto trick. That's really annoying. May you help?

EDIT: Turning off Car View (ugly for me) now works! Op 6T

jack2aprtl

Thanks! Turning off the car view definitely worked for me as a permanent solution!

Xaffenn
Casual Listener

So after all this time and 3 updates to the OP6T as well as constant updates for Spotify itself, the issue seems to remain. The disabling of Car View as well as the landscape trick seem to be valid workarounds, but I also have some random crashing issues now while using Spotify Remote or listening to local tracks. :( 

Hopefully the issue is solved with an actual update from the Spotify Android dev team instead of using these workarounds. It doesn't even seem like it's isolated to Oxygen OS, given the devices other people are experiencing this on. 

nezorflame

Same issue on my 6T. Ridiculous.

MrSpirit

Hey, just wanted to drop by and say that I had this issue on my OnePlus 5T as well and disabling car view or, alternatively, turning on "Fullscreen compatibility mode" (16:9)

solved the issue.

If it matters here's some info:

Premium member

Country

Hungary

Device

OnePlus 5T

Operating System

Android 9 Pie

inphinyte

I have the same issue on my Amazon Fire 7 Tablet. As with others, I found disabling the Car view worked. 

rushilandrews

Turn off Car play and try if that fixes it.

Hey folks,

Thanks for keeping us posted on this.

Would you mind updating to the latest version of Spotify (currently 8.4.91 for Android and iOS) and seeing if that fixes the issue for you?

If not, get back to us and we'll continue to investigate.

Thanks!

nezorflame

Android 9.0, app version 8.4.91.861.

The issue is still there, the only fix is to disable the Car view.

Nothing changed so far.