[Bug] Web Player showing Private playlists as Public

1 - Copy any playlist link (not Spotify playlist) in your brower. Press enter. Normally it opens in the Web Player.

2 - Now click on the name of the author of the playlist. The screen says : Public Playlists but it lists all the playlists even the ones set to private in the desktop app.

Very bothering...

Thanks for the screenshots.

This is happening to you on the web player because you're logged into the account. When I look at your profile  from the web player, I can only see your public playlists.

We hope that clears everything up :) 

Comments
SergioDavid
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @Soundofus.

We tested this out on our end. The playlist we opened loaded up but after clicking on the author of the playlist, we only saw public playlists listed. 

How long has this been happening for? 

We'll see what we can suggest.

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

@SergioDavid

Here are 2 screen shots of what I see.

1 - Desktop version

public-profile-desktop-app.jpg

2 - Web player :

public-profile-web-player.jpg

Is that can be a reason why this happens ?

- Desktop app shows user name as it comes from facebook.

- Webplayer shows user name as it comes from Spotify account.

SergioDavid
Roadie
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Thanks for the screenshots.

This is happening to you on the web player because you're logged into the account. When I look at your profile  from the web player, I can only see your public playlists.

We hope that clears everything up :) 

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Thanks @SergioDavid

Yes that clears up everything...

BUT there is something not logical in this process...

As long as my desktop app is alway opened because I only use it, when I click a Spotify link in a brower, it should open in the desktop app and not ask me to log into the web player.

Same as when I disconnect from the webplayer, it should not disconnect me from the Community and reconnect me to the webplayer when I log into the community. :)

secorris

I've found a really annoying behaviour with private lists and I'm afraid it's a serious security issue :/

When typing the username followed by "site:open.spotify.com" in a web browser (I've tried this in an incognito window in Chrome and Firefox) you can see some of the user's private lists.

--> "username" site:open.spotify.com <--

Besides, if someone shares with me a private list and I change it to public, the list remains public no matter the owner does :/

Could you please check this?

Thank you in advance :)

secorris

@secorris wrote:

I've found a really annoying behaviour with private lists and I'm afraid it's a serious security issue :/

When typing the username followed by "site:open.spotify.com" in a web browser (I've tried this in an incognito window in Chrome and Firefox) you can see some of the user's private lists.

--> "username" site:open.spotify.com <--

Besides, if someone shares with me a private list and I change it to public, the list remains public no matter the owner does :/

Could you please check this?

Thank you in advance :)

Is anyone actually reading this?? I think you should care just a little bit more about your product, guys :/