Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Play Downloaded Songs When Offline

We're getting reports that downloaded songs are not playing when the app is not connected to the internet. The offline songs are grayed out but shows that they are downloaded. When connected back to the internet, same songs can be played without issues and still appear downloaded.

Hey,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

We wanted to announce that this issue has been fixed from our end. However, keep in mind you might experience some inconveniences with your offline content that are caused by other things such as:

• The use of cache clearing apps/settings - these could interfere with the app's normal functions.
  • Storage issues - your device needs to have at least 1GB of free storage in order for Spotify to function correctly.
  • SD card issues - if you're using one, make sure to check out this FAQ.
  • Outdated app - not running the latest app version available can also cause performance issues. Check how to update the app in this Support article.
  • Having more than 5 devices with downloaded music - you can remove older devices by following the steps you'll find in this Support article
  • Not going online at least once in 30 days - your downloads might be removed because of this.
  • The content being removed from Spotify - the downloads will also be removed.

If you're still having trouble after checking all of the above, make sure to start a new thread in the relevant Help Board.

Comments
Newphone

B6F3DE85-FD3D-4D7E-9420-AB21BC0C4DA8.png

My account is doing the same as most others have listed above. My observations/experiences are:

- only playlists appear grey when using data and won’t let me select the song that I want to play. If I press the shuffle play button for the playlist, it will begin playing a song from the play list and I can then un-select shuffle to work through the playlist in order but only by pressing forward/back buttons. 
- it keeps saying “connecting…” down the bottom, like I don’t have Internet, but I do and can search any song or album. Album lists appear/function correctly and so do artist top songs. Just playlists that grey out. 
- have just purchased a new iPhone and this issue is happening on both old and new phones. 
- have tried all suggestions on Spotify help pages and other forums, including all reset options with no success. 
- my sister, sharing a family account, has had the same happen to hers on the same day. 
- unsure if it is a coincidence that this happened on the same day that her direct debit failed? (Has since been paid). 

AliceLang

iPhone XS / software 14.8.1

Spotify Ver 8.6.84

Australia

Downloaded songs stored internally

Same issues as above.

- Can’t play non-downloaded songs in playlists when off wifi.

- Can play any song from artist/album choice when off wifi.

- Only had issues since direct debiting issues (which has been resolved). 

Trouble Shooting Tried:

No issue when app used on my iPad (connected to my phone hotspot or wifi - don’t have cellular on iPad.)

- Just redownloaded the app and now it won’t let me log back in. Won’t accept my password even though I used it today to access my account online. Link sent in email won’t open as it says link has expired. Went to log in with email instead of username and now won’t send new reset password emails to me.

- tried to log in without password but haven’t received new email.

- Can’t log in with other people’s accounts.

So now I can’t access ANY of Spotify at all on my phone… 

C8E185E4-3D68-43D8-9EC0-DDC78DFBE972.png

AliceLang

Please note I’ve just received an email from Spotify awarding me a badge for my comment but still no emails with links to reset password??

AliceLang

Me again - login now working again but no resolve.

Now asking me to log in EVERY time I get out of the app 

courtbuzz555

Hi, I have been an active PREMIUM member for a long long time now. I pay my bill as expected every month. The past couple of days i haven’t been able to play anything unless i have wifi or service. i pay for premium so i can play songs while i drive to and from places. i don’t have any service while driving and fidgeting with my phone hasn’t been very helpful while i’m going around turns lol. bottom line is i took screen recordings of what is happening but everything everyone else is experiencing is also happening to me. i will no longer pay for premium if i’m not getting just that. if you need these videos as i can’t upload them here you can contact my email l.**bleep** , i will be ending my subscription if this is not dealt with and fixed soon. thank you. 

MikeFourteen

Same issue. iPhone 12 Pro Max. Everything up to date. Only downloaded tracks are playable when phone is on mobile signal only. All other tracks are greyed out. Have tried restarts, toggling offline playback and mobile data etc. No dice. 

Ivaxix

Hi, 

I’m having the same issue except with all my playlists, online or offline on the app. I can only play songs on shuffle yet I have Spotify premium. 

I’ve logged out of my account and reinstalled the app and that worked for a day, but then it just grayed out all my songs again. I have also tried the web player with my account and it works fine there. 
please help.

Maverick94

2CB2FCAA-8819-43F7-9009-E7246535AA52.jpeg

1EE61EEE-042F-4BAC-BAAE-8553BC01DDDD.jpeg

D20A7A51-2F20-47D3-B8F2-BCC02176A4D7.jpeg

**URGENT**

Hi, I am having the same issue. I am unable to select any song in any playlist unless it has been downloaded or my phone is connected to wifi. As a paying premium subscriber, the fact this has gone on for over 48 hours is not acceptable. I am using an iPhone 11 Pro with 14.8.1 iOS. Before this issue started occurring I was using my Spotify on mobile data with no issues then an hour or so later the issues began. It is not possible for my phone to be permanently connected to wifi, the whole reason I have premium is so I don’t have to use the shuffle feature and can choose what I want to listen anytime and anywhere.

Maverick94

2/2

In my above post I forgot to mention, I am in Australia.

AliceLang

I've already posted about issues on my phone but now my laptop won't play ball either. I have to click play on the green arrow on the front cover of the playlist before I open it. It automatically shuffles and then won't let me go back or forth in order once I take shuffle off. 

This has only happened today as yesterday was no issue making new playlists.

AliceLang_0-1639438027135.png