Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't Remove Songs that I never added?

Does anyone know why Spotify keeps playing music that I don't have in any of my playlists?

Examples:
The Doors - Hello, I love you live Hollywood Bowl 1968
The Austrailian Pink Floyd Show - Welcome to the Machine - Live
(assorted Beatles cover bands)
Questions I have:
Why are these playing when I haven't added them to any of my playlists?
How do you remove them? As I don't see any option to remove them. They are not checkmarked either.
Thank you.

Hey @yourname942!

Glad to hear everything's alright again. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Keep rockin'!

/H

Comments
Aubreyb

You can't remove them because they aren't actually in your library. After an album or Playlist is finished spotify plays the radio station based on said album or Playlist. I'm guessing spotify added this with the latest update. Personally I think it's super annoying. 

B_hemmings95

I also have the same thing going on. I was listening to my playlist and other songs popped up and when I went to look at my recent playlist a playlist radio was made for that playlist. I've looked through everything to get rid of it but I can't find a way to.

Hubo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey all!

This is a new feature on iOS called Autoplay. You can turn this off in: 'Settings (Spotify) > Playback > AutoPlay.' Let me know if you can find it there.

Take care! 🙂

/H

yourname942

I don't have an iOS ( I use an android, and Windows computer) I also can't seem to find a setting for that..

Hubo

Hey @yourname942!

That's odd! Alright, could you check if there are any songs stuck in your queue? Here's to view your queue:

Queue-twitter.png

Let me know how it goes.

Take care! 🙂

/H

yourname942
Hubo
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @yourname942!

Glad to hear everything's alright again. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Keep rockin'!

/H

yourname942

Update: I still get those songs appearing in my Spotify playlist even though I followed those steps. What is going on? I'm tired of hearing Beatles cover bands..

Hubo

Hey @yourname942!

Hmm, when does this happen exactly? After a playlist, after the first song of a playlist? Let me know!

Take care! 🙂
/H

yourname942

I pretty much only listen to one playlist, but it happens during the playlist: after a couple of songs or so. It's somewhat random, but pretty frequent, and very annoying. I've removed the same songs multiple times, and they still show up and play in my playlist.