Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Can't connect to Chromecast Audio

Device:

Apple iPhone

Operating System Version:

9.3.1 (buikd: 13E238) 

Spotify Version:

Spotify app 5.6.0.1110

Description:

Not able to connect the spotify app to Google Chromecast. Problem started two days ago. I get the "connecting" sound it makes when it tries to connect, but then nothing. And songs continues to play on phone, and there's no stream on the Chromecast.

To reproduce:

1. Start Spotify
  2. Select Song
  3. Choose Device "Chromecast"
  4. Silence...

Workaround:

None

Additional information:

Can be provided upon request.

Hey all! 

Thanks for all your reports here and for helping us out. As we haven't seen any recent posts we're going to go ahead and close this thread.

If you're still having issues then please try the following;

- Restarting your device, and then reinstall the app
- Check for firmware updates on your Chromecast
- Restart your network router.
- Make sure that your Chromecast is connected to the same WiFi network
- Ensure you're not using a VPN

These all should help 🙂

Comments

Last update of the app solved the problem for me. 

Thanks! 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey!

Thanks for passing that over, we really appreciate it.
We've let the right team know your router's info and as soon as we hear back, we'll keep you informed.

Also, @felinorama thanks for letting us know, that's awesome.

Once more, we appreciate you staying tuned 🙂

Best,

/M

Anyone else's chromecast audio stop working after an update today? I'm on iPhone 6, iOS 10.2.1. Tried deleting and re-installing app as well as rebooting chromecast - still stuck in "Connecting" phase.

Casual Listener

Anyone else's chromecast audio stop working after an update today? I'm on iPhone 6, iOS 10.2.1. Tried deleting and re-installing app as well as rebooting chromecast - still stuck in "Connecting" phase.

Yeah, mine too

I don't think it works like this, but any chance it could be related to AWS outage?

Casual Listener

I was streaming to my Chromecast Audio from my Android around midday, but by 6pm it wouldn't do so, even after unplugging! It hangs on "Connecting" for Spotify, but is fine on other casting apps, like TuneIn.

Hey, Spotify isn't working on my Chromecast (literally at all) and isn't working through the app on Playstation 4, however I could get it working in the Quick Menu, using Spotify Connect only. Not sure what's going on but I hope it's fixed soon because it's also not casting over Bluetooth in my car which is gonna be an issue, but this could be my phones issue. Hope I could atleast help someone else out. 

After spending two days out of my house and having retuned today I cant connect Spotify to my Chromecasts (neither the normal nor Audio). Both are visible on the devices list but it just doesn't connect. Other apps connect as they should. Spotify version: 7.7.0.1179 armV7 and Cast firmware version: 1.22.78337

From both my android phone and tablet I'm not able to connect to my Chromecast Audio anymore with Spotify. From other apps it still works. It worked one or two days ago. I've reset my router, chromecast, mobile and reinstalled the Spotify app, but nothing helps...

Same problem here, as of this afternoon.

Amsterdam area. 

Spotify version: 7.7.0.1179 armV7 and Cast firmware version: 1.22.78337

Related Issues