Free

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung A50

Operating System

Android 9, Samsung OneUI

Spotify Issue

When I left my Spotify on the Canvas screen, a pop up ad will return if I clicked dismiss and attempts to go into my playlist section. If I click dismiss on the ad that returned, it will take me back into my Canvas screen. This becomes an infinite loop, until I force close Spotify.

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate bearing with us.

This should be now fixed!

If you're experiencing a similar issue, please let us know in the related Help Board, making sure to include all relevant details of the ad you're seeing. We'll be happy to lend a hand there, thanks 🙂

Comments
Casual Listener

@Billy-J, 

Just want to follow up with this problem, have you met anyone with similar problem with the Ad loop?

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @DFX_,

Could you try creating a new free account? You can use the new account account to test this. If you're still having the same issue with the new account, just let me know.

Keep me posted 🙂

Visitor

私も。

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3cWLgzy1ryd3qcQUA

Access from the notification bar during playback and get caught with the ad when you go home from the playback screen.

If you do not use the back button, you can only transition the playback screen → advertisement → playback screen.

When I use the back button, I can not escape from the advertisement button. (About the video)

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @nitaking,

Could you create a new thread in the help boards? Once you do, the Community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂

@DFX_,

How are things coming along?

Casual Listener

@Billy-J

I created a new account a few days ago. I think new accounts don't recieve much ads for the first month. I did not encounter any ads even after 2 hours of continuous music playback. 

I'm not sure how long it'll take until I recieve a pop up ad. I'll update this tread as soon as possible.

Visitor

Country

India

Device

(Honor 8x

Operating System

(Android Version 9)

My Question or Issue

My issue, when I am playing a music and I am in the page of the current music, and I try to go back, the ad banner appears. When I click on "Dismiss" button, it goes back to the page of current music playing, and I have to close the whole app, and start it again to do anything else.

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @DFX_,

Awesome! Let me know how things go 🙂 

Casual Listener

Hi @Billy-J

I can confirm the new account also has this issue. The same thing happens as demonstrated in this video.

Hey there @DFX_,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

This sounds like an issue our tech teams were looking into however it should be fixed now.

You mention a bit earlier in the thread that your Spotify version is 8.5.14.752, however, there's a newer version of the app available at the moment.

It'd be helpful if you could follow the steps provided in this Spotify Answer to make sure you're on the latest version available and let us know if the issue still persists after that. 

We'd also recommend making sure that:

• Your device is up to speed with any operating system updates.
  • Your device isn't rooted.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you're still having troubles.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Casual Listener

Hey @

I'm on version 8.5.17.676 now, the infinite Ad loop was fixed. But a new bug arised, similar to the one shown by @nitaking.

I can't interact with the pop up ad (eg: the dismiss button does nothing), but I can interact with the material under the ad, such as home, search, your library, premium, etc. It's similar to the video that @nitaking linked.

Related Issues