Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Can't dismiss ad

Plan

Free

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung A50

Operating System

Android 9, Samsung OneUI

Spotify Issue

When I left my Spotify on the Canvas screen, a pop up ad will return if I clicked dismiss and attempts to go into my playlist section. If I click dismiss on the ad that returned, it will take me back into my Canvas screen. This becomes an infinite loop, until I force close Spotify.

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate bearing with us.

This should be now fixed!

If you're experiencing a similar issue, please let us know in the related Help Board, making sure to include all relevant details of the ad you're seeing. We'll be happy to lend a hand there, thanks 🙂

Comments
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

We've seen reports from users unable to dismiss pop up ads on Android devices. We've passed this on to our tech teams who are looking into this at the moment.

If you're experiencing this after a clean reinstallation of the app, make sure to add your +VOTE.

It'd be also helpful if you could leave a comment with the following details, if you haven't already:

• Your device and its operating system version
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you're on

We'll keep you posted on any updates we have, thanks!

Rock Star 9
Rock Star 9

Hi, when I was using free account, I had the same problem.

When an ad that I couldn't close appeared, the only thing to get rid of it without closing the app (which resulted with pausing the song you were listening to), was to click the "return" button on my phone, to the point it will take you to a home page on your phone. The music is still playing. Then you have to open Spotify again and the ad should't be there. 

I know it's not a solution, I was just sharing my experience with this issue. 

I hope it will be fixed soon. 

Community Legend

Hey folks,

Haven't heard from you in a while. 

Just checking - are you still experiencing the issue? If so, let us know, we'll keep looking into it. 

Thanks 🙂

Status changed to: Fixed

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate bearing with us.

This should be now fixed!

If you're experiencing a similar issue, please let us know in the related Help Board, making sure to include all relevant details of the ad you're seeing. We'll be happy to lend a hand there, thanks 🙂

Related Issues