Announcements

Can't join Duo plan - error message when accepting an invite

Hallo,

Habe mir Spotify Premium Duo gekauft und wollte jetzt meine Freundin einladen und habe ihr den link geschickt. Diesen wählte sie aus und gab die selbe Adresse an, allerdings zeigte er danach an das ein Fehler aufgetreten ist und man es später nochmal versuchen soll. Dies haben wir getan leider ohne Erfolg...

Wir beide hatten vorher das normale Spotify Premium Abo.

Konnte leider diesbezüglich noch nichts hilfreiches im netz finden.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your updates and for your patience while we looked into this issue - We appreciate the recent comments confirming that things seem to be up and running again.

If you are still experiencing this, we'd recommend creating a new invite as well as giving your browser a refresh before trying again.

If you have any further questions, make sure to create a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks again!

Comments
murgo
Visitor

Plan

Duo

Country

Germany

My Question or Issue

Hi there and happy new year!

My girlfriend just upgraded from Premium to a Duo plan and wanted to invite me. We both live at the same address, yet I can't join the plan no matter what I try.

So far I've tried using my existing free account and tried to join via my iPhone (Safari, both in a normal and private tab, even tried disabling all my ad blockers) and via PC using the newest Edge browser (again with a normal and a private tab with all ad blockers disabled). I've also tried a completely new free account on these two devices without luck. Oh, I've also tried all this on WiFi and cellular. I always get the same error message: There was an error, please try again later.

What exactly is the problem here? And why do so many others have this problem as well without a single viable solution to be found?

Kind regards and thanks in advance

Andrei

Huraxdax_
Hier dasselbe. Partner hatte zuvor kein Spotify und es sich deshalb neu erstellt, aber die Bestätigung der Adresse schlägt fehl.
leilaradoin

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

Germany

Device

Huawei P30 Pro

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

My mom invited me for the Premium Duo plan and even though i put in the right address when the page loads all it says is 'There's been a problem. Please try again later'. That was some hours ago and in the meantime i tried putting in a fake address; the page then let me know that it was indeed the wrong address.

Some minutes before i got the invite, we actually planned to get a Family Premium plan but since my brothers weren't interested, we changed to Duo. But putting in my address worked for the family plan.

Is my account somehow blocked? What can I do now?

dalina_s
Visitor
Hier ebenfalls das gleiche Problem. Habt ihr mittlerweile eine Lösung dafür gefunden?
maixxel
Visitor

Auch bei mir das gleiche Problem. Wird wohl ein Fehler seitens Spotify sein.

Jeremy

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. We hope you don't mind us replying in English.

There's currently an ongoing issue about this. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps that's been provided in there. If that doesn't do the trick you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care and happy 2021 🙂 

Restley
Visitor

Screenshot_20210102-114945.png

But its not the same error.

Jeremy

Hey there @Restley,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We suggest that you do the following:

• Make sure that both your and the managers accounts are set to the same country.
  • Try accepting the invite with an incognito browser.
  • Try with another device, if that's an option
  • Try using a different network.

Cheers!

Floyd11222223

The issue still exists. When will you provide a solution? My partner invites me to premium duo, I entered the same address, but the displayed message is always "There is a problem....". I tried all the above steps, nothing works for me. Different network, incognito tab, etc doesn´t fix the problem. Why do I pay for the service, when I can´t use it without listening to annoying ads? Please help me out. 

P.S. The copy and paste address trick from @valentinass doesn´t work for me either 😞

Jeremy

Hey there @leilaradoin,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

There's currently an ongoing issue about this. We suggest that you follow the steps that's provided in there. If that doesn't do the trick - leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Note: Premium Family members will only be able to switch plans once in 12 months, this includes switching between Premium Family and Duo

We hope this information was helpful.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care and happy 2021 🙂

Related Issues