Lineup Signup
Help Us Fix Metadata - Read more

Can't play any music

As of 12:20 EST all music as stopped playing. I was in the middle of a radio playlist and the music just stopped. Inspecting the page I see this network 503 error PUT https://guc-spclient.spotify.com/track-playback/v1/devices/13c5d65b579a3501c964321fb6566b0fb1334cbe/... 503 (Service Unavailable)

Hey @ljmcstuffins, welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's odd. Could you let us know what device, and Spotify version you're using? Also, did this start happening after a specific update or event?

You could try a clean reinstall with these steps to see if it helps.

Hope to hear from you soon :)

0 Likes

Related Issues

Comments
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @ljmcstuffins, welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's odd. Could you let us know what device, and Spotify version you're using? Also, did this start happening after a specific update or event?

You could try a clean reinstall with these steps to see if it helps.

Hope to hear from you soon :)

ljmcstuffins
Concert Regular

Sorry I forgot to mention I'm on Spotify Web. Can't install the standalone app on my work PC. We are also not behind a firewall so I don't have any filtering issues. 

I'm recently seeing this in the browser console.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 504 (Gateway Timeout)  guc-spclient.spotify.com/connect-api/v2/devices 

GET https://guc-spclient.spotify.com/connect-api/v2/state 504 (Gateway Timeout)  raven.js:1170

There haven't been updates that I'm aware of 

Thanks for letting us know!

We'd recommend clearing your browser's cache/cookies and refreshing. After that, try to open the web player from a different browser or using an incognito window.

Let us know how it goes :)

ljmcstuffins
Concert Regular

I've tried clearing my cache and cookies. I tried loading the page in chrome (default browser) and Firefox. Nothing works. I can't even load the 'featured' music list

I'm getting this error now

Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'unsafe-eval' open.scdn.co www.google-analytics.com cdn.ravenjs.com vt.myvisualiq.net". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-exNIbRoBufGA8Xw81IIBBDk1C1yh5NkucdznLehlx2g='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution.

That's odd!

Could you let us know if you get the same error by using another Internet connection? Also, we'd recommend checking if there's any firewall blocking Spotify.

A screenshot of the error message would be helpful too.

Take care :)