Can’t play music directly from artist

Plan

Free

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 8

My Question or Issue

When I try playing music directly from an artist it won’t play anything. This includes playing the entire artist’s music or just an album. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it worked at first but has gone back to not playing. It’ll still play the ad before sometimes to “watch a short ad to get 30 minutes of uninterrupted listening” but then won’t play any music after. When I leave the artist’s page the music icon on recents will still show up to show music is playing from that artist but I can’t hear or see a song playing. I’m only able to play playlists right now.

3398FACC-6E6B-4683-B7FA-B939B7B287D2.png
9C2C2FF7-76A9-404C-BBD5-50C02588CA2C.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us and your patience while we were looking into it.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Comments
shikamarunara

Plan

Free

Country

United States of America

Device

iphone 7

Operating System

iOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

All of today i haven't been able to play from an artists profile and have only been able to use playlists, when i try to play an artist the button switches to the pause sign then does nothing. I have already tried a clean reinstall and it was only a short term fix.

Any help is appreciated.

shyannmaree
Visitor

Since the most recent iOS update, I am unable to use the shuffle play button on any artist’s page. I love this feature because I don’t have to pick a song or album and can listen to the artist’s entire discography. Now, there’s not really an easy way to do that. Please fix bug. 

Mario

Hey @shikamarunara

Welcome to the Community 🙂 Thanks for reaching out about this and letting us know what you've tried.

Would you mind letting us know if you can replicate this issue when you log in to your account using a different device? You can also give it a shot asking a friend or a family member to log in to their account using your device. This will help us see if the issue is related to the account or the device itself.

Also, when you performed the clean reinstall, did you make sure to follow these exact steps? They're very helpful for clearing any cache that might be causing issues with the app.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

shikamarunara

@Mario

I did in fact follow those steps for the clean reinstall. I tried using another account on my phone and it wouldn’t work, and i have found out playing artists on my laptop works fine.
Hope that helps.

Jeremy

Hey there @shikamarunara,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We suggest that you try the following:

• Soft reset of the device
  • Ensure the operating system is up-to-date
  • Ensure device has enough storage space
  • Try with another internet connection

If the issue still persist, can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

shikamarunara

Upon soft resetting i still have the issue. My spotify is up to date (version 8.5.86) and i have about 9 gb available so i’m guessing that isn’t the problem. My internet has been a bit spotty but since i can stream videos my connection probably is good enough.

Jeremy

Hey there again @shikamarunara,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us and for confirming the steps you've taken.

Even though you can watch videos, it would still be great if you can try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist.

Also - can you send us a screen recording? This will help us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

skelswap
Visitor

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue
Sometimes (it happens completely randomly) when I am listening to music, I cannot play anything from an artist. Nothing shows up and it is as if nothing is playing at all, yet the play button by the artist is shown to be playing. I can play music from playlists or albums completely fine, just no artists. I don’t know how to fix this as I’ve seemingly tried everything. I have to continue reinstalling the app every time this happens in order to fix it.

I have attached an image of what it looks like when the artist is shown to be playing, yet as seen on the bottom of the screen there is nothing actually playing.

F7BD1BB6-3001-4104-9DE7-CF23B92AA5B2.png
Ch4r13
Visitor

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

iPhone SE 2020

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to play an artist or album nothing plays and the bar at the bottom of the screen with the pause/play button and the name of the song disappears. I followed the steps to perform a clean reset but that didn't fix the issue.

shikamarunara

I have attempted on two different wifi connections and a cellular connection with no luck. I attached a screen recording of what happens.