Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play next song in See all songs

Can't play next song in See all songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8,

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

I recently updated my Spotify app, but since then I can not play through my search results. When the song that I select ends, it repeats itself than playing the next song. When I click on next song button it repeats itself too. For example I search for "Ed Sheeran" and play the first song, I want my app to play the other songs of the artist by simply moving on to the next song like it used to do before I updated. I also reinstalled my app, didn't work. My battery saving is off, and background activity is allowed. I am going on a road trip in 3 days. I need to solve this issue ASAP :(. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

21 Replies

Hey @barissekerci.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, and sorry for the late response! We'll be glad to help you out if you're still experiencing this issue 🙂

I know you mentioned you've already tried this, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Could you also provide us with your Spotify app version? Once we have this, we will be able to investigate further.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

PS Hope that road trip is going well 🙂

Thank you for your reply!

I still have the same issue and my version is 8.4.78.530 which is the latest version available on google play. I also tried following that steps and reinstalled my app for the 3rd time but still can't play all songs in search results. Don't know what else to do 😞

Hey @barissekerci, help's here. 

Just so that we understand this correctly, we'd like to gather some more info.

You mentioned that the repetition happens when you play a song directly from the search results. Just to be clear, you don't choose the artist first, and then play one of the top song from the artist's page? That is, you only search for the artist and immediately play from the results? Try both, and let us know if it makes any difference. 

Also, what happens if you don't choose to skip a song, but let it play to the end? Does it change songs or start a radio based on the artist? 

Lastly, does this happen with all the songs? Try a song from less famous artists for example, and check if it makes a difference. 

Any screenshots or a video would be very helpful here. 

Keep us posted 🙂 

I am having the same issue too. When you are in search, the song just stops, and you have to manually play the next track. If you press the arrow to skip to the next track, it just repeats the song or doesn’t play it at all. So annoying. 

I had same problem for few months now...

Phone: OnePlus 3T

Model: A3003

Account: Premium

Spotify version: 8.4.84.874

For me the one song repeat problem only occurs when I search something and play a song below "Songs" or press "Show all songs" and play from there.  It will keep playing only that one song. It won't change if I wait to song to end or press "next song". In queue it only show that one song in "now playing" and one time in a "next songs"). Repeat and shuffle dosn't affect anyway.

If I search something and then go to Artist and play song from there it work normally.

I had this problem with everything I have search in about 2 months. And I tried to deleting data and reinstall Spotify.

I hoping this could be fixed as soon as possible.

Hey @Grimorski.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Could you let us know if this is dependent on whether or not you use the Connect feature (e.g. using your phone as a remote for your desktop)? We will look into this further once we have this information.

We'll be looking out for your reply!

Hi @Peter!

When I play music from computer, everything works fine. But if I use my phone as remote and search something and choose a song like I describled earlier it's going to repeat only that song. In computer queue list it will show only that song wich I have choose with phone and repeat that.

Same thing for me. It use to work. Please fix. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for raising this issue on the Community. We have passed this information on to the relevant team.

If you're experiencing this issue, make sure to add your vote on the thread.

In the meantime, would you mind providing us with the following information:

• device and OS version
  • Spotify version

Thanks! We'll get back to you as soon as we have any updates.

Same issue here.

OnePlus 5T, Android Pie, Spotify 8.4.90.367.

Experiencing the same issue...

Device: Samsung Galaxy J7

OS Version: Android 7.1.1

Spotify Version: 8.4.88.150

iPhone 8+

Version 8.4.88

This issue is so frustrating. I'm considering getting Google family plan instead. 

@GinaBoBinaBoo wrote:

I am having the same issue too. When you are in search, the song just stops, and you have to manually play the next track. If you press the arrow to skip to the next track, it just repeats the song or doesn’t play it at all. So annoying. 

Exact same issue.

Same issue here:

1) Didnt play all songs in search results

2) stop after finish that 1 song

3) couldnt connect to volkswagen bluetooth

Huawei P20 Pro

Android: 8.1.0.158

Plan:premium

Spotify version: 8.4.91.861

Hey there folks,

Thanks for all your reports.

We’re always testing things in order to improve. With this in mind, currently, if a user searches for a specific song or artist, once the track has played, AutoPlay will start triggering a Radio experience. 

Without AutoPlay, you won't be able to hear the next song in ‘See All Songs’ directly afterwards. You can turn AutoPlay off anytime by following the steps here.

Keep in mind that if you'd like to listen to all tracks from a particular artist, you can also save their tracks to Your Library or in playlists, or head to their Artist profile and playing from there.

Thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Same problem and it’s absolutely infuriating!!!

I’m on iOS 12.1.4 on XS with Spotify version 8.4.97.900

Autoplay radio is certainly not autoplay search results. We NEED autoplay search results. I study classical music and very often need to compare various recordings/renditions of the same song. When I search a song name, I want to hear every singer that’s attempted singing a song by that name - not some random song I did not search for that Spotify thinks I might like - I can already use the “start song radio” option for that.

I’ve been a premium subscriber with family plan for years, but if this doesn’t get resolved soon, I will have to dump Spotify and be forced to move to some other service since currently the app is useless for me.

Hey @punya10.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Since this is expected behaviour, we are not treating this as an issue.

If, however, you would like to change this feature, we suggest you create an idea in the Community so that others can vote for it - just head over here to do so.

In the meantime, consider adding the songs that appear in the search result to a separate playlist. This can easily be done by going on the desktop app and using the 'select all' function (Ctrl/Cmd + A) and dragging them to a new playlist.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

It is 2020 and Spotify is regressing! Why can't songs remain playing from the selected search list ? It now goes to radio WHICH NO ONE ASKED FOR or it stops playing! We are paying you change it back!

Suggested posts