Can't remove Spotify Connect device

I once played some music through a friends Denon receiver and ever since, I now have their receiver listed in my devices to play to. 

There's no way for me to remove it. The app on iOS has an option to remove from the list, but it just comes back after a bit. 

VERY annoying since I also have a DENON receiver and the model numbers on them are both the same. So I NEVER know which one is actually mine, and frequently play music to their receiver on the other side of town. 

I've Googled this issue to no tomorrow, but it appears that there is no resolve for it other than creating a new Spotify account. 

Hey @krazydave!

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Currently it's only possible to manage your connected devices through our website, but we'll make sure to pass your feedback about having these features on the desktop app.

Feel free to reach us out again if you need help or if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Comments
SergioDavid
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @krazydave, welcome to the Community!

We suggest you head over to your Account Overview and use the "Sign Out Everywhere" button. After that, log back into your devices to see if the receiver is still displayed.

Let us know how it goes.

krazydave
Unfortunately, doing that yielded the same result. I still show all of the
previous devices to connect to.
Alfredo

Hey @krazydave!

Thanks for giving the previous steps a shot.

Just to confirm, did you sign up into your Spotify account using your friend's receiver? If so, you'll need to log your account out to make sure it stops working.

Keep us posted.

krazydave

I think I finally found the winning combo. 

Signing out everywhere didn't remove the device, but after doing that and then removing it again from my iOS device seems to have removed it from everywhere else. 
Or at least it's been gone for a few days now.

When are we going to get the option to remove devices from the PC application?

Leonardo
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey @krazydave!

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Currently it's only possible to manage your connected devices through our website, but we'll make sure to pass your feedback about having these features on the desktop app.

Feel free to reach us out again if you need help or if you have any questions.

Cheers!