Can't share songs/playlists with a single user anymore? [No inbox]

My boyfriend loved sending each other songs and making 'mix tape' playlists for each other and sharing them back & forth. I looked forward to seeing what was in my inbox each day.

We just noticed that we can no long share songs or playlists with each other. Is this a fluke, or a permanent change? Now the only option is to 'Post to Followers,' which is DEFINITELY not something I want to do with mushy songs meant specifically for my boyfriend.

It really takes away my favorite feature of Spotify as a whole-- the ability to share individual songs/playlists with specific people without having to leave the app to send a URL (which doesn't always work) in a text message.

Hoping this issue will be fixed soon, or feature brought back.

spotify.JPG

Hey @danidonovan! Thanks for writing on the Community.

The inbox feature has been removed from the desktop app. We have some info about this here.

Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

Take care! 

Comments
JuanSebastian
Roadie
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @danidonovan! Thanks for writing on the Community.

The inbox feature has been removed from the desktop app. We have some info about this here.

Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

Take care! 

KM_ciyf21

Complete agree with this message, @danidonovan. I run a Spotify profile for a non-profit I am involved with and frequently come across songs that would be great to have on that other profile's playlists. I would send 2-3 songs per day to that profile with a note in the message reminding me what playlist to add them to.

Plus, now all the songs that I had sent are not saved anywhere because inboxes are gone!!!  Can we get some recompense on this, @JuanSebastian

dharmatron

bit of a douchebag move on your part, huh Spotify...?

ericrirsch

Same problem here.

Related Issues