Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4

Hello. The shuffle button doesn't work when I play the popular songs of any artist; I reinstalled the app and restarted my phone and it doesn't work, but in my laptop works fine.

I have tried to shuffle songs this way in other phones and the same thing happens. Is this a new feature?

51743217_680913098994708_4439162739834748928_n.jpg

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports.

We wanted to update you that this should be fixed now.

If you're having troubles, first try a quick reinstall of the app and if that doesn't do the trick, let us know by starting a new thread in our Help Boards.

Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
xmsquizz360

Hello,

I am currently using an iPhone 6S Plus and have Spotify Premium and am wondering if something changed or if my app is having an issue.

Before, when I went to an artist's page and would click on any of the popular songs right on the top there, it would start playing the song and then from the now playing page, I could hit the shuffle arrows and it would shuffle all the songs the artist had.  Now, however, my shuffle button is grayed out and I can't touch it to shuffle the songs.  If I go back, and pause the song, the big "Shuffle Songs" button works fine and does that, and that's fine.  I'm just wondering if this was introduced as a feature now so that Shuffle button has to be used instead of the shuffle arrows on the now playing page?  Small gripe and really not a huge deal, just a QoL thing I've noticed.  This appears to only be on Artist pages too, as my saved music and playlists work fine too.

I have restarted the app and the phone mulitple times, I just haven't reinstalled as it's not a life or death situation.  Just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this or if it was just me, or a new changed introduced in the new version.

Thanks!

Spotify_error.jpg
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repeptitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

@xmsquizz360

Could you try this on another  device with similar specs to see if the issue persits there too?

lsura
Regular

When I click a song on an artist's page, the shuffle button is grayed out compared to the repeat or heart function; so, shuffle isn't even an option. Is this a problem that anyone else has, or is this yet another thing Spotify deliberately did? 

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for reporting this.

The right folks are currently looking into this.

If the shuffle button appears for you grayed out in the Now Playing view when streaming songs from the Popular section of an artist page, make sure to +VOTE.

We'd also recommend trying the following:

• Log out and back in
  • A soft reset of your device
  • A quick reinstall of the app

If the issue persists after that on your iOS device, it'd be also helpful to let us know the following so we can pass on to our tech teams:

• Device and OS version
  • Spotify version

We'll keep you posted on any updates here :)

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Same here.

iOS 12.1.4 and Spotify 8.4.94.812

lsura
Regular

@Katerina wrote:

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for reporting this.

The right folks are currently looking into this.

If the shuffle button appears for you grayed out in the Now Playing view when streaming songs from the Popular section of an artist page, make sure to +VOTE.

We'd also recommend trying the following:

• Log out and back in
  • A soft reset of your device
  • A quick reinstall of the app

If the issue persists after that on your iOS device, it'd be also helpful to let us know the following so we can pass on to our tech teams:

• Device and OS version
  • Spotify version

We'll keep you posted on any updates here :)

I guess the right folks are still looking into it? 

@marcelam wrote:

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4

Hello. The shuffle button doesn't work when I play the popular songs of any artist; I reinstalled the app and restarted my phone and it doesn't work, but in my laptop works fine.

I have tried to shuffle songs this way in other phones and the same thing happens. Is this a new feature?

lsura
Regular

With how unhelpful anyone from Spotify is, illegally downloading all the music I want for free seems like a better option. 

Hey there @lsura,

Thanks for your patience so far. 

We have alerted our developers to this issue and they are investigating the matter.

We'd recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue, if you haven't already, to stay updated with any news regarding a fix.

All the best :)

Status changed to: Closed

Hey!

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks have taken a look at this for you.

Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest and best version.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Status changed to: Fixed

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports.

We wanted to update you that this should be fixed now.

If you're having troubles, first try a quick reinstall of the app and if that doesn't do the trick, let us know by starting a new thread in our Help Boards.

Thanks!