Cannot access Offline Spotify Playlists

I am currently active duty out to sea on deployment and have had a Spotify Premium account for a while.  I have been away from homeport for a little over 30 days now and I just noticed that all my playlists that I downloaded are now inaccessible.  I was informed by some others on my ship who also have experienced the same problem that Spotify disables offline playlists after 30 days.  Since I obviously have no way to access cellular data or internet via WiFi while out at sea, is there ANY kind of workaround for this?  Or am I out of luck until my ship pulls in somewhere and I can get on WiFi? 

Hey @ashfarris1307, thanks for your question!

That's not cool! I'm afraid the app needs to check in every 30 days to check your subscription status using an internet connection. I recommend giving a vote to this idea on the Ideas board. Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care! 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Hubo
Spotify Star
Spotify Star
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @ashfarris1307, thanks for your question!

That's not cool! I'm afraid the app needs to check in every 30 days to check your subscription status using an internet connection. I recommend giving a vote to this idea on the Ideas board. Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care! 🙂

Related Issues