Cannot connect to Chromecast

I have two phones that connect and stream to each other without a problem but both cannot connect to my Chromecast at all. One is an S7 and the other is Xperia Z5 Compact. I also tried other apps casting on the Chromecast and they work flawlessly.

I have a premium account and it was working previously, albeit very buggily, but at least it connected and played. Now it won't even connect at all. I have tried everything from unplugging and counting to 10 and rebooting both phones. Nothing seems to work. 

I have tried browsing the other posts here and many people have the same problem but none have a solution. Can someone help me with this?

S7 app version - 8.4.39.673 armv7

z5 compact app version - 8.4.39.673 armv7

Hi @tombombadil07,

We're closing this thread as we didn’t receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

Cheers 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @tombombadil07!

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Let's try all the troubleshooting steps under the "It's not working" section of this help page.

In case you don't have a different WiFi connection you can try testing it with, try tethering your phone's data plan and using that network to test it out.

Let us know how it goes.

tombombadil07
Casual Listener

Hi Alfredo,

I tried all the steps except using a different wifi connection on that day.

Today, I tried again and surprisingly it works. I didn't change anything on my app or the chromecast, so I'm not sure what did the trick.

It still is very buggy (e.g. skipping tracks will disconnect the app from chromecast, playback not synced to app, stopping the app not really stopping the chromecast, etc) but at least it can connect and play songs again now.

Thanks.

Best regards.

ZullyB
Roadie

Thanks for letting us know, @tombombadil07.

Can you try the steps here for us? They should help with this. Also, does it help if you restart your network connection or use a different one?

Keep us posted. 

MaríaCamila
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hi @tombombadil07,

We're closing this thread as we didn’t receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

Cheers 🙂

Related Issues