Announcements

Cannot drag current song into playlists

Current Build: 1.0.67.582.g19436fa3 (Mac OSX 10.12.6)

Problem: When dragging the currently playing song from the play queue the tooltip displays [0 items] ( see screenshot)

Steps to reproduce

1. Open Spotify and search for something

2. Pick a user playlist and start playing

3. Switch to the play queue view

4. Try to drag the currently playing song

Note, the next and any other songs in the queue can be dragged, as can the song which is "current" if you navigate to its previous song. The contextual (...) menu, -> Add to your playlist does work for the current song, so the bug seems to be restricted to drag/drop 

spotify_bug.jpg

Hey @cogz79, thanks for the info you've shared! 

We've tested this from our end and it seems to be expected behaviour. Since the song you want to move is the one you're listening to, the app won't allow it to be clicked and dragged to a different section when you do it from the Queue view.

No worries though! You can still do so from the bottom left corner and drop it into the playlist you'd wish.

We hope this helps, have a good day 🙂

Comments
JuanSebastian
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi @cogz79! Thanks for writing on the Community.

This seems odd. Can you let us know which operating system and Spotify version you're currently using? Let's try reinstalling the app to see if this helps.

We'll look forward to your response 🙂 

cogz79

Hi JuanSebastian,

Thanks, I've just used AppCleaner to remove Spotify and everything connected with it (caches etc...), and downloaded the Spotify app from the website, installing it fresh. I'm afraid the bug still persists. I've attached a screenshot of the About screen, along with my Mac info.

So to clarify,

Open Spotify and make a search, pick a user playlist based on that search and tap the play icon to start. Now switch to the Play Queue. When you try and drag the current song, it should 1) have a tooltip saying the song "title/artist", and 2) allow you to drop that selection into one of your own playlists on the left. However the tooltip is just saying "0 items" (as per my last screenshot), and I am unable to perform the drop. Any other song in the queue I am able to drag/drop, just not the currently playing one.

Screen-Shot-2017-11-15-at-15.19.25.jpg

Aichel
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @cogz79, thanks for the info you've shared! 

We've tested this from our end and it seems to be expected behaviour. Since the song you want to move is the one you're listening to, the app won't allow it to be clicked and dragged to a different section when you do it from the Queue view.

No worries though! You can still do so from the bottom left corner and drop it into the playlist you'd wish.

We hope this helps, have a good day 🙂

Env: prod