Car Bluetooth Track Changing Stopped Working

iOS Spotify versions 8.4.3.884

iPhone SE

Two-ish weeks ago this worked without issue. My steering wheel would change volume, tracks, answer calls, etc. 

I can still change tracks with Apple Music, Pandora, etc but not Spotify. I can still use my bluetooth headphones and change tracks as well without issue but I can't via the track << >> on my steering wheel. It does still work from my dashboard but is quite an annoyance.

I drive a 2010 Ford F150 with Microsoft Sync.

I have hard reset my phone, deleted my phone device from bluetooth and re-added it, actually disconnected my car battery in hopes to reset the defaults, and reinstalled spotify to the latest update and none of these have fixed it.

Any ideas? Is it possible to roll back my Spotify version? If so, how?

That's really good to hear, @adamhi22!

We're glad everything's alright on your end now. We'll make sure to forward your feedback on this situation to the right folks. We're also going to close this thread now. If you need help with anything else in the future, feel free to create a new post.

We hope you have an amazing day 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Erika
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @adamhi22!

That's odd. Could you unpair your devices and pair them again from the Bluetooth settings? Let us know if it makes any difference.

adamhi22
Regular

@Erika

I did do that and I still have the same result.

Is it possible to roll back my spotify version to an older version as that worked just fine. 

Thanks

FabianS_Bogota
Roadie

Thanks @adamhi22!

Just to clear things up, did this started to happen after an app update? Also, a clean reinstall of the app could help. Just follow these steps. Finally, I found a post that might help you with some info about Microsoft Sync here.

Let us know how it goes!

adamhi22
Regular

@FabianS_Bogota

I did reinstall it from the app store which I mentioned in my original post and had no luck. Also, this worked before an update... about 3 weeks ago.. so whatever version that was before then.

My MS Sync comes standard in my model truck and wasn't an add on. It worked before without issue.

How can I roll back my version of Spotify on my iphone? I have tried all other solutions and unless spotify fixes this issue, the only thing I can do that I haven't tried is rolling back my spotify version. How can this be done? Where can I get an older version of spotify?

ZullyB
Roadie

Thanks for the info, @adamhi22!

It's not possible right now to roll back to a previous version of Spotify. In the meantime, it would be super helpful if you could give it a try from a different account. You can use a friend's account, just to test it out.

Let us know if it makes a difference! 

adamhi22
Regular

@ZullyB

Using a different account still has the same issue. 

Leonardo
Roadie

Let's try something else @adamhi22.

Ccould you try performing a master reset to your Ford Sync? Simply follow the steps you'll find here.

Let us know if this does the trick.

adamhi22
Regular

@Leonardo

Doing a master reset worked for me after the 2nd try. The first try didn't fix it for some reason.

Please document this somewhere in your troubleshooting so other people can easily find it because I've seen a number of people have this issue whether it's with MS Sync or a different bluetooth set up in their car.

Thank you

JulianA_Bogota
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

That's really good to hear, @adamhi22!

We're glad everything's alright on your end now. We'll make sure to forward your feedback on this situation to the right folks. We're also going to close this thread now. If you need help with anything else in the future, feel free to create a new post.

We hope you have an amazing day 🙂

Related Issues