Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhoneX

Operating System

iOS 13.1.2

My Question or Issue

I listen to Daily Drive on my way to work via Apple CarPlay. I used to be able to skip news podcasts using either the controls on my stereo, or the controls on my lock screen. Now, anytime a news podcast comes on during daily drive, the UI on my iPhone X changes and I no longer have the option to skip the entire podcast, I can only skip ahead 15 seconds. In order to skip a news podcast (while driving), I have to unlock my phone, open spotify, switch to car view, and then I can skip the news podcast. It is not safe to have to do this while driving and I don't want to be stuck listening to a news podcast that I'm not interested in. The only other alternative is to not listen to Daily Drive. It seems like this broke with version 8.5.27

Please fix so that I can safely listen to Daily Drive again. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

Could you make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • a screenshot?

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Comments
Rising Star 10 DanielTham
Rising Star 10

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you have this issue. Did this happen after you upgraded your IOS?

Let us know!

Cheers

Axel_jones
Visitor

I now have the exact same issue. Same versions of iOS and Spotify. No updates available.

Alexq7
Casual Listener

No, it was working just fine after I upgraded my iOS to version to 13.1.2. The timing seems to come closer to when Spotify version 8.5.27 was installed on my phone. 

Alexq7
Casual Listener
Update: I just updated to iOS 13.1.3 and am still having the issue.
Nellanaesp

I have the same issue. Same version of iOS and Spotify. 

In addition, pressing the back button no longer starts the song over, it skips back to the last song; this used to be done with two quick presses of the back button. 

scu1
Visitor

Same here, can't skip news podcasts in Daily Drive in CarPlay, and the back button immediately goes to the previous song instead of the beginning of the current track, please fix these bugs.

Axel_jones
Visitor
To add some more detail - I believe the problem is related to an interface
change in the latest app. If you open Spotify on the phone (vs CarPlay) the
location of the fast forward and reverse button now changes between songs
and podcasts / newscasts. Since songs can be skipped fine, I'm guessing
this is related to the issue.

I love The Daily Drive, but this is really impacting my ability to use it.
Crazyjok3r
Visitor
I'm also having this problem.
MartinÖsterberg

I have the same issue. It feels like it breaks the promise of premium if it is the intended behavior.

mikeythrice
Visitor
Just wanted to second this. I noticed the interface change as well, and like others, can only skip over news/podcasts by opening the app.