Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Collaborative playlist option link not working

Hey folks!

We're receiving reports that collaborators are unable to add songs to collaborative playlists. The invite link works but only redirects to viewing the playlist. Adding tracks doesn't work.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We're happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
Pretentiousplatypus

The link from using the "invite collaborators" option on my mobile app is not working. It generates a link that I can share, but the people on the other end are not added as a collaborator and cannot add to the playlist. They can only view and like the playlist. 

This seems to be a regular issue from what I can see on this forum and from a Google search but none of the solutions proposed anywhere work. How do I actually share my playlist so that other people can add to it? 

WheelSnipeCelly

I have the same issue. Me and my friends do a Survivor type playlist ever year. Past years were super easy. But now I have to invite them as collaborators and the link does not work. Tried sending through sms, discord, messenger. Had them unfollow, try the link again. Tried creating a new playlist to work off of. Nothing works. The link just opens a web pop up for the playlist. Then they can open spotify which just sends them to playlist but not able to add songs.

Minibugster

I have the same issue as well and like you have tried everything noted in previous threads which have not resolved the issue. Please help.

Minhoie

I'm having the same issue and have tried all the fixs on the forum and nothing had worked 

Minibugster

I bite the bullet and uninstalled the app completely and re-installed it and that seems to have fixed the issue 😊

WheelSnipeCelly

Yea, that was one of the fixes in other forum that I tried. Unfortunately, I still have an issue.

Minibugster

Back to it not working 😕 

Howl1221

I am having this problem too and it should really be fixed because it so good and one of my favorite things about the app

Vasil

Hey folks,

Apologies for the late reply here and thanks for all the reports!
In order for us to look into this, could you please leave the following info for us:

• Your affected devices and their OS versions
  • Your Spotify app versions
  • When the issue has roughly started. Was it after an OS or app update?

We'll be on the lookout. Much appreciated! 

P.S. You can also try clearing your cached data to see if that would make a difference. 

AmyCo

Also experiencing this issue when trying to create playlists with friends and family. Have tried all of the above fixes to no avail as well.

Spotify version: 1.225.1011.0
+ Android 10
+ Windows 10
+ IOS 17

Can't pinpoint exactly when this started, as it occurred across multiple devices, Windows, Apple, Android, all running on different versions. So I'm assuming it has something to do with Spotify as opposed to a specific update. Thanks in advance!