[Connect] Can't play songs saved to Your Library on Connect devices

Hey folks,

We’re receiving reports that it's not possible to play certain songs on Connect devices.

First, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here.

If after that you’re still experiencing the issue, could you provide us with the following info:

• device you're connecting from + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • external device you're connecting to + version
  • which songs is this happening with?

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks! Keep us posted :)

Hey folks,

Thanks for your continued patience while we've been looking into this.

Based on your reports so far, it seems that users are experiencing two different issues/scenarios:

1. Playing any song saved to Your Library (albums, playlists, etc) doesn't work
  2. Playing songs from playlists saved in Your Library works, but not albums.

If you're not experiencing either of these two issues, could you reply to us with clarifications about the exact issue you're experiencing?

If your issue resembles one of the above-mentioned scenarios, could you provide some more info, specifically:

• For Scenario 2:
    • Is the playlist which you're able to cast music from saved to Your Library and/or downloaded?
  • For both scenarios:
    • Does this issue also apply to songs which are saved in the Liked Songs playlist?
    • Does removing a liked song/album/playlist and re-adding it to Your Library resolve the issue?
    • Does this also occur for downloaded songs/albums/playlists, and if so, are they also saved to Your Library?

Thanks! We'll continue to pass on this information to the right teams so that they can work towards a fix.

Comments
PinballFreak
Regular

September? This has been going on since the beginning of the year, minimum. Frustrating beyond belief. 

dperitch
Visitor

I am also dealing with Scenario 2 while connecting to my Sonos One speaker.

Additional report:

• Device: Oneplus 3T, OxygenOS 9.0.4 (Android 9)
  • Spotify version: 8.5.33.831
  • External device: Sonos One SL (10.5.1)
  • Songs: any album from my library except the ones I already managed to play from my Spotify app for Mac. I have just realised it works anytime I reach the album through Artist view, but it doesn't work when I reach the album from "Albums" view. Looks like there are two different Album views even though they look the same :\