Help Wizard

Step 1


[Connect] Can't play songs saved to Your Library on Connect devices

Hey folks,


We’re receiving reports that it's not possible to play certain songs on Connect devices.


First, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here.


If after that you’re still experiencing the issue, could you provide us with the following info:

  • device you're connecting from + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • external device you're connecting to + version
  • which songs is this happening with?

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.


Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!


Make sure you to perform a clean reinstall of the app to ensure the changes are reflected in the app.



Lol. Support are saying exactly the same thing to everybody. I did the
same a month or so ago, and it fixed the problem for about 6 hours (for
me). They know the problem - the app is corrupting it's own files and
they have yet to fix it.

This shows how useless Spotify chat support are. I've been on chat several times with different people they've never mentioned this 'reset' option. Each time it's like this is the first time they are aware of this issue even though I send the link to this community thread. They seem to want to ignore this thread and just go through the usual "have you tried reinstalling the app" stuff.


The only thing Spotify support have been good with is getting a free month of Premium for the inconvenience. 


It's ridiculous that Spotify has had this thread going for 6 months and yet their CS simply ignore it. The problem is clearly affecting multiple versions Android, multiple controllers (ie phones) and multiple Spotify Connect-enabled devices, and they haven't got a clue.

Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while our teams looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Please make sure to do a clean reinstall to ensure you're using the latest version.

If you’re still experiencing this issue, let us know and we’ll look into it.



Status changed to: New issue report

Last comment in JIRA ticket: "From the developers:

A fix has been deployed, and I did a few tests and it seem to work for me.

This means that moving onwards the users should have the latest version of the app installed and they should no longer be experiencing this issue. For those that are checking back with us, please let them know that the issue should be resolved. If they still experience it, make sure to make a clean install and try again. If it doesn't work after that, please get back in here with the details. Thanks!"


Ok, have done all that. But why am I still not able to play any podcasts via Spotify Connect?

indded. They told me to reinstall the app. According to them there was no
risk and I would not have to re-dowload everything. so I did : No effect
at all except the fact that finally had to re-download all my library.
Thank you very much guys !! :(((

Android app version

This version installed last night, initial observation is that it does appear to have resolved the issue. I'll be doing further testing today.


Scenario is pick an album or song saved to the library, start playing, tap "devices available", select a chromecast device, connect sound happens, shortly after music plays through the connect device.


Previously this failed.


Thank you for the fix, that said it took far too long and the lack of updates and feedback during the process from spotify is simply unacceptable. Don't forget that we are paying customers and we do have options as to who we use for our streaming music provider. Spotify you need to do better in customer service.


Yeah! The latest Version on Android fixed the Problem for me (Android 8.0, Audiocast) - even with just updating the app with no need to reinstall.


Thanks to the Programmers!


Surely it would have been obliging if one would have gotten at least an info on the status of the issue that it was already in implementation. Even though it is imaginable that you at Spotify CS might have several issues pending which at least I am aware of and that fixing issues ist mostly not just a 3-click-matter.


As you at Spotify CS are dependant on your customers Feedback regarding functionality and occuring bugs we are at the same time dependant on a steady status-update on ongoing fixes to give us as your customers the impression to be at least actively taken serious.


Kind regards!


Version fixed it for me, now I can cast to Chromecast Audio straight from the library. More than 4 months with this shitty issue, say hi to the devs @Peter, or more explicitly to the product owner managing the ticket priorities...