Announcements

[Connect] “Listen on other device” not working on iOS 14

Tried every single suggestion listed so far and nothing has helped.

That said, I have more data that might help the debug.

1) All iOS (2 iphones and 1 ipad) devices in my house have the same problem connecting to local speakers

2) Both accounts on my duo account have the issue

3) My desktop spotify app works fine, which is also on the home network (futhermore this being an IOS problem)

4) When my desktop app plays something, then the local speakers actually show up on the iOS devices.  Then eventually vanish.

Hi folks,

Thanks for your comments with the requested details. 

We've reported this with the right teams so that they can take a closer look.

If you're also experiencing troubles to connect to devices in the same network on an iOS 14 device, make sure to add your +VOTE if you haven't already to this Ongoing Issue.

We'd first recommend trying some basic troubleshooting:

• A thorough app reinstallation
  • Switch both your devices to a different network (both will need to be on the same)
  • Double-check if the issue occurs when both devices are connected to the home wifi network (making sure no device is connected through hotspot).
  • Your devices are running the latest software versions and Spotify version available
  • Try toggling on/off Show local devices only from the app's Settings > Devices

If after that you’re still having trouble, could you provide us with the following info:

• Device + exact operating system version 
  • Exact Spotify version
  • Type, brand and model of the speakers or device that you're trying to Connect
  • Are you seeing Spotify listed in your device's Privacy > Local Network settings?
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried so far
  • Any additional helpful details, like a screenshot or recording of what's happening - just make sure that there's no private or sensitive info displayed

We'll keep you updated here so we'd also recommend subscribing to this thread to stay up to speed.

Thanks!

Comments
Xenia

Hey everyone,

We appreciate your reporting this and providing us with the relevant info.

For those of you still experiencing this issue, it’d be great if you could tell us the exact Spotify version you are currently on as well as make and model of all the affected devices and send over a screen recording or some screenshots, so that we can investigate this further.

Thanks again - Keep us posted!

Suavi
Visitor
Hello,

My spotify versions are 8.5.96.967 on iphone and ipad. The problem only
occurs between mobile devices; ie, if I play on iphone i can't control the
volume from my ipad or vice versa. However everything works as it supposed
to be between iphone - imac or ipad - imac couple. Here are some screen
shots from my ipad

When I play on iphone I see this in spotify on ipad. When I press volume
buttons of ipad volume does not change on iphone and the volume pop up does
not appear

At the same time in the control center of ipad there is no trace of
spotify run at the background. It should have display the playing music on
iphone. It is another indication of the problem

Whereas when I switch playing on imac, everything switches to normal. As
you see I have full control of the play on imac from the ipad.

I hope it is clear enough to explain the case.

Best regards,

Suavi
Visitor

Hello,

This editor does not load the photos i wanted to send telling that there is invalid HTML in the message. I need advises from admins to send them

Suavi

my17cruzesux
Visitor

I am having an issue with a device I don't even recognize, and music playing (like some random chinese stuff)

I can play my downloaded songs for a split second then it goes right back to the microsoft player which I never installed.  When I try to delete it, it will not allow me to do so.  When I try to listen on my phone same thing.  I just want to listen to my music, like I pay for.  HELP!

Ivan

Hey @Suavi and @my17cruzesux

Help's here! 

@Suavi Thanks for providing us with the necessary info. Would you mind sending us the exact OS version of both your iPhone and iPad? Then we can make sure we pass your info on to the right folks.

Could you also try uploading the images once again using a private/incognito window to avoid any cache issues with the browser? If you still can't upload the images, try taking a screenshot of the picture and paste it directly in your comment instead of uploading it via Insert Photos.

@my17cruzesux We recommend trying out the steps you'll find in the Status Update of this thread. If they don't help you, make sure you provide us with the requested details listed there. 

Thanks! 

Suavi
Visitor

Hello @Ivan 

Thanks for the help. Now I am trying in private mode in browser. My OS versions on both mobiles are iOS 14.4. Here are the photos 

A05E898E-4B8A-4AB0-AE2F-E15D90482234.jpeg

This shows the spotify  ipad screen while playing on iphone0A71AA60-CFE0-44F9-8A5F-DE8F5F4101DC.jpeg

Best regards,

Suavi

Suavi
Visitor

@Ivan 

I could only send two of three photos. Anyway those are the important ones. The first one shows the spotify ipad screen while playing on iphone and the second shows the control center at the same moment. There is no clue that spotify playing on another device on LAN. The third photo that I couldn't upload sas showing that there isn't any problem while playing on imac.

Suavi

Katerina

Thanks for that @Suavi and no worries! We've passed your info along to the right teams 🙂 

Alex

Hey folks,

We'd like to ask if any of you are experiencing this issue after the latest app update - Version 8.6.8;

Let us know in the comments, as this info will help the investigation further.

Cheers.

Suavi
Visitor
Hello,
I am using 8.6.12.10.32 at the moment. Unfortunately it has became worse than previous. Volume control was available between mobile and desktop devices (mac) but it's not working any more. I hope you fix this issue because, for me, it is an important differentiation point to prefer Spotify
Best regards,
Suavi