[Connect] “Listen on other device” not working on iOS 14

Tried every single suggestion listed so far and nothing has helped.

That said, I have more data that might help the debug.

1) All iOS (2 iphones and 1 ipad) devices in my house have the same problem connecting to local speakers

2) Both accounts on my duo account have the issue

3) My desktop spotify app works fine, which is also on the home network (futhermore this being an IOS problem)

4) When my desktop app plays something, then the local speakers actually show up on the iOS devices.  Then eventually vanish.

Hi folks,

Thanks for your comments with the requested details. 

We've reported this with the right teams so that they can take a closer look.

If you're also experiencing troubles to connect to devices in the same network on an iOS 14 device, make sure to add your +VOTE if you haven't already to this Ongoing Issue.

We'd first recommend trying some basic troubleshooting:

• A thorough app reinstallation
  • Switch both your devices to a different network (both will need to be on the same)
  • Double-check if the issue occurs when both devices are connected to the home wifi network (making sure no device is connected through hotspot).
  • Your devices are running the latest software versions and Spotify version available
  • Try toggling on/off Show local devices only from the app's Settings > Devices

If after that you’re still having trouble, could you provide us with the following info:

• Device + exact operating system version 
  • Exact Spotify version
  • Type, brand and model of the speakers or device that you're trying to Connect
  • Are you seeing Spotify listed in your device's Privacy > Local Network settings?
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried so far
  • Any additional helpful details, like a screenshot or recording of what's happening - just make sure that there's no private or sensitive info displayed

We'll keep you updated here so we'd also recommend subscribing to this thread to stay up to speed.

Thanks!

Comments
Elena

Hey @Suavi,

The team got back to us and we just wanted to double-check this with you.

When you open the Connect window do you get the option "Open settings"?

If you do, could you click it - you will be directed to the Apple settings for Spotify, where you need to enable scanning the local network. 

If you don't get that ''Open settings'' option we'll need a screenshot of what your Connect window looks like, so that we'd be able to take a closer look.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Suavi
Visitor
Hello,
If you mean “Connect to a device” menu under “Devices” option. There is an
“Allow access” choice instead of “Open Settings” When I touch it nothing
happens. More interestingly this access permission only affects the mobile
devices as you can see at the attached screen shot I can still maintain
contact with mu desktop. That connection always works smoothly and supposed
to be.
Suavi
Visitor

C3432305-B8FD-49AD-81BC-9BFDBC19A9C6.png

Mihail

Hey @Suavi ,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the screenshot.

Could please share another one of how the Spotify section looks like in your iPhone setting menu?

Also, could you let us know what options come up when you click on the three dots next to your PC in the device picker?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Suavi
Visitor

@Mihail 

Here are the screen shots

FCD1160C-4EA1-4823-8EE2-8FFA35DF5A3D.png624C40C3-16A0-408B-8314-1B041E14AEC1.png

Decaf2
Visitor

I’m unfortunately probably gonna have to cancel my Spotify membership over this. The buggy watch app is a close second reason. Not being to stream music from phone via Spotify connect is a deal breaker. I’m probably just gonna get a new receiver that supports airplay and move to Apple Music. I can’t believe Spotify has let such a core use of the app remain broken for so long. 

Alex

Hi folks,

Could you let us know how exactly you're using the apps - which device you're using to stream music and which device you're using as a remote.

This info will help us troubleshoot the issue further.

We'll be on the lookout for your responses.

Alex

Hey folks,

We'd like to ask if anyone is still experiencing this issue and if you could answer our previous questions 🙂

Cheers.

Suavi
Visitor
Hello,

After sending many details and answering the same questions more than once
I admitted that you will not provide that feature (which was the main
differentiation points of Spotify for me) on apple devices any more. So I
will not repeat my answers and act accordingly about my subscription.

Regards,
Suavi Akar
thebestmix

I wanted to provide an update on this since I was the original poster.

I’ve tried all the suggestions above and I am still unable to control Spotify on my LG Smart TV (or any other device) which is connected to my iPhone’s WiFi hotspot. I do not have a way to test it on any other network as my hotspot provides my internet access. I can see “Local Network” under “allow Spotify to access”.

My Spotify version on my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 14.6 is 8.6.44.1230.

This was not a problem until iOS 14. It’s really disappointing that a company as big and with as many resources as Spotify can’t figure this out after all this time. 

Related Issues