Connect only plays 100 song chunks of playlists

Device:

Windows

Operating System Version:

Win 7

Spotify Version:

10.21.143.g76c19bcd

Description:

When I play music over connect the remote computer only seems to have access to the 100 subsequent songs from the song I start playing from. For example, if have a playlist of songs from 1:200 and start playing song 1, then press the previous song button instead of playing song 200 it plays song 100. Subsequent presses of the previous song button play tracks 99,98,97... etc. The same issue appears to occur if I have shuffle turned on.

To reproduce:

1. Play music over spotify connect

Workaround:

N/A

Additional information:

Occurs both with computer to computer play as well as phone to computer play.

Only occurs when the playlist is started on the "remote" device. For example, if I want to control my computer via my phone, the bug does NOT occur if I double click a song on my computer and then control everything from my phone. If, however, I open up my phone and select my computer as a remote device and then begin to play music via the phone, the error occurs.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

We're happy to say that this issue is now fixed!

Let us know if you're still having trouble by creating a new thread in the relevant help board.

Thanks! Stay awesome ;)

Related Issues

Comments
SergioDavid
Roadie

Thanks for the info.

What iOS and OS X versions are you running on both devices? We'll also need to know the Spotify versions. Laslty, is this happening with playlists as well?

Let us know.

J-parti

I think I'm having the same issue, except my playlist is organized by title not date and it only plays songs starting with a number the letter A or B! Songs starting with C-Z are ignored. If I play a song starting with a M then hit shuffle it plays songs starting with L-N! 

rosscee98

@SergioDavid, I just checked and realised my laptop is actually running on 10.12.6, which isn't the most recent (my bad), but my iPhone is on iOS 11.2.1, which I think is the latest. The version of Spotify I'm on is 1.0.70.388.

@J-parti, you're completely right! I just sorted it by title, and now the entire queue is filled with songs beginning with either numbers or the letter A.

I hadn't checked until now, but it does indeed seem to be affecting playlists too - I have a playlist of 350 songs, and when I sorted it by title and then shuffled it, the entire queue was filled with songs beginning with A-F.

LiamWilson
Casual Listener

This is a big deal. It is just in any playlist over connect, even if I'm just playing ALL my songs, it will only shuffle the top 100 in the order that they are filtered on the desktop app.

So for example, when I have the list sorted by song titles, it will only shuffle from the a, b, c, d... songs. Then same again if i sort it by artists, it'll only shuffle from the first few artists in the alphabet.

This means that I don't ever hear songs from the bottom of the alphabet, songs that I've forgotten I had saved. Even if I sort from the bottom, I then still don't hear anything from the middle or the top. This is a big deal Spotify! We need to be able to shuffle through many more songs over connect.

I really hope this is fixed soon. I'm seriously considering switching to Google play music because this is so infuriating.

Arigoud
Music Fan

The amount of different people who report this, and keep reporting this, might mean it is a huge issue. Look at the forum with the combination "spotify connect + 100 songs".  Ps. I have now exact the same with streaming via connect to a Sonos.

I saw, that the first mentions are from years ago. Shame on you guys. Why do I pay a monthly fee for a service that doesn't innovate and fixes basic problems.

Can somebody from Spotify/dev team, explain to us, why this is still not solved, and when it will be solved?

Benaben

+1 !!

cuh7b5
Casual Listener

Yes, this annoying bug needs a prompt fix. Pleased Spotify, listen to your clients! Meanwhile I check out Deezer... Bye!

Arigoud
Music Fan

The amount of different people who report this, and keep reporting this, might mean it is a huge issue. Look at the forum with the combination "spotify connect + 100 songs".  Ps. I have now exact the same with streaming via connect to a Sonos.

I saw, that the first mentions are from years ago. Shame on you guys. Why do I pay a monthly fee for a service that doesn't innovate and fixes basic problems.

Can somebody from Spotify/dev team, explain to us, why this is still not solved, and when it will be solved?

fez

How much money are you saving by not fixing this issue, Spotify? The cost you're choosing instead is the disappointment and frustration of almost every paying customer who first tries to stream to Echo or Home using your app. How many of your customers have fewer than 100 saved songs?

isaacchristenso

When using Spotify Connect to connect the music service to Sonos, shuffle seems to struggle.  I have a playlist of 1000s of songs, but it seems to get stuck on just a few artists instead of playing from all artists. 

It also seems that when it gets stuck in a few artists, the artists are all alphabetically close.  The last time it happened was with Patrick Stump, The Rocket Summer, and Reliant K.