Connect speaker/device not showing in Device Picker

We've been receiving reports from users that can't find a Connect device in the app even though a friend or family member does see the device.

If you are experiencing this issue, please let us know the following:

• Device + OS
  • Which device you are trying to stream too
  • Spotify version

We will look into this and let you know as soon as we have more info.

Comments
Status changed to: Under investigation

If you are experiencing this issue, please let us know the following:

• Device + OS
  • Which device you are trying to stream too
  • Spotify version

We will look into this and let you know as soon as we have more info.

schmil42

Seeing this once in a while, in addition to seeing devices in the Spotify Connect list, and not being able to connect to them as it just says "Connecting..." and doesn't actually connect. I usually have to turn WiFi on/off and/or exit app and/or start playback from Sonos app (which does work consistently).

Our setup is:
- phone: Pixel 3 + Android 10.x

- devices: Sonos (mix of Play:1, Play:3 and One SL), all devices seem to have Sonos SW version 10.5.1

- spotify app version: 8.5.32.889

I should also note that it didn't used to be that bad, but got noticeably worse sometime in the last month or two.

RogerClaessen
Visitor

Dear Spotify team,

This doens not solve my problem.

I do see my Sonos Connect device but cannot connect. The app just states "Connecting..." but nothing happens. I can connect to a nvidia shield however.

• iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • IOS 13.2.3
  • App version 8.5.33.705

I re-installed the App (clean), re-installed the Sonos Connect but nothing helps

Please help.

Update: 30-11-2019 : When my son tried to connect with the same spotify account, only with older IOS and iPhone 6s, he was able to connect and play music. After that I tried again and I also could connect and play music. Stranger things happening....

Roger

Bobbybhb
Visitor

Trying to connect to speaker.  It worked for two days and now doesn’t show on connect. iPad iPhone 7 and iPhone 10 Mac. 4 devices two users. Samsung 3500 it shows on the devices Bluetooth list but won’t connect again on Spotify?

Hey there folks,

@RogerClaessen, thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

However, what you're describing sounds like a different issue than the one that is reported initially in this thread. In that case, we'd recommend reporting this in a new thread in the related Help Board with all the relevant details so we can take a closer look.

@schmil42, we really appreciate these details. We've passed them along to the right teams, thanks!

@Bobbybhb, thanks for these details! Just to confirm, are you using Spotify Connect to connect to your speaker or Bluetooth when this happens?

Keep in mind that if you're using Bluetooth only to connect your speaker with your devices, it would explain why it's not showing in the Spotify Connect picker. 

If your speaker works with Spotify Connect, we'd also recommend making sure of the following:

• All devices are on the same WiFi network.
  • Your Spotify app is up-to-date.
  • All devices’ software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturers for how to update the version software. 

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be also helpful if you could include the exact version of the Spotify app you're on on each device as well as the make of your speaker so we can also pass this on to our tech teams. 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks :)