Connecting to Spotify from Roku stick reboot the roku

Everything were working fine for months. For the last 2 days, when I try to log in Spotify from my roku stick everything freeze for about a minute, then the roku reboots. I can access Spotify properly from my table and my computer. Netflix, Yahoo and other apps still works fine on Roku. I did not made any modifycations to my systems, it just stopped working.

Thanks for your help

Anick

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, could you make sure that you have the latest firmware and OS for your Roku devices?

If, after that, you need further assistance, you should reach out to Roku directly.

Thanks!

Comments
simonh2000
Visitor

@Peter 

I don't remember seeing a system or app update, but the spotify app on my roku is working perfectly today. Thank you very much for resolving the issue.

Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey @simonh2000,

Thanks for letting us know! Glad to hear it 🙂

Stay awesome!

ilsasnow

I've been having the exact same issues (it's Dec 2019)  Unable to connect to Roku Express 3900.  It freezez and restarts.  All software is up to date and connected on same wifi network.  I sent in a support request to Roku.  Did any of the people who commented in September get connection?

DoraR
Visitor

I have a Roku TV TCL and I checked to make sure it is updated, it is, and it is also giving me the same issue. The start up screen comes up, sits there, and then takes me back to the home screen. The router was also restarted and I have deleted and reinstalled the app also. I did all of that before I came looking for an answer. 

mrosebury
Visitor

Not fixed. Spotify 2.7.16 on Roku express 3900EU 9.2.0 build 4806-51 reboots on load. All updated to latest versions and restarted. Unused Roku channels removed. No other app causes the Roku to reboot. Roku recommends contacting Spotify. Please sort it out.

Related Issues