Connection Failed - [Vivo]

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Vivo V5

My Question or Issue

After my spotify automatically updated via wifi, it won't open anymore. After I tap the app, it will just load for a second, then will give me a black screen and a error message saying connection failed. 

I tried to uninstall the app then install it again, it worked. But after some hours, it went back to the black screen and same Connection Failed message again. 

Screenshot_20180724_010828.png

Hi all,

We’re receiving a lot of reports that the app no longer crashes with the ‘Connection Failed’ error message on Vivo devices.

We’re marking this thread as ‘Fixed’ because of this. If you’re still experiencing this, feel free to start another thread in the relevant Help board and one of our Stars or us will be happy to continue helping.

Thanks!

Comments
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone!

We're changing the status of this thread to "Under investigation". The right team will be taking a look at this one as soon as possible and they'll work hard for a quick resolution.

We'll make sure to keep you posted :)

nurulheree_

phone : vivo V5 

plan : premium 

i encountered the same and it so frustrating!! try every ways possible online , nothing works ,suddenly when i click on the spotify app on my android phone , then it loads , connecting n then "connection failed". i tried to switch from my wifi to my phone data , and it resulted the same , although other apps work fine . then i tried uninstall & install it again , yeah it worked but the next day i open it , the same thing happened!!! so i redo it and when i listened to my playlist , the exact thing happen , im so frustrated, so when i check my phone setting & see the mobile network settings & there listed all aps that have permision to use data , but spotify doesnt exist there , i mean you can choose which apps you want to use with ur data but spotify app dissappear?! i tried clear cache , reboot everything , pls help me , i have my subscriptions till this end of year :')

UPDATE GUYS:

MY SPOTIFY IS WORKING FINE NOW , GO TO TWITTER & SEARCH SPOTIFY CARES , THEY ARE AWESOME!

91realistic

I am having the same issue and my phone model is VIVO V5 LITE. I've been reinstalling the app, clearing and data and all of that and it has been the same for 3 days. Please give a solution to this issue. 

camillebbarrion
Casual Listener

Hi Everyone! 

This issue has been fixed on my end now. I have tried all the basic trouble shooting that they have suggested but it doesn't work. Someone suggested for me to message Spotifycares on twitter since they are very responsive so I did. 

They have suggested for us to do the troubleshooting again, but when everything seems not to be helping, they did some refreshing of my account on their end. They asked for my email and date of birth to have an access on my account. I uninstalled my Spotify app then have it re-installed again. It worked like the usual but after monitoring it for 24hrs, seems like it is all good now. 

Try to search Spotifycares on Twitter. :) 

Idont22

I'm having the same issue too, this happened when I made an update with my Spotify App. It seems like this issue was raised on most Vivo phones.

Model: Vivo Y53

Android Version: Funtouch OS rev. 3.0.13

Plan: Premium

Calleryn

Device: Vivo V5

Plan: Premium

I have the same issue, how do I solve this?

_ikay

i am experiencing something similar my phone is vivo v5 lite

naherrera07

Hi, had the same problem after an update on my Vivo V5, hope they can fix this as soon as possible. 

Idont22

Hello everyone,

I suggest you contact SpotifyCare on their FB page or Twitter - let them know this issue they will ask for your email address. They were able to fix mine because of some cache issues with most vivo phones.

Keenanlim

I have the same issue. Please advise :(