Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connection issues with car stereo receivers

Hi everyone,

We've received reports about car receivers (mainly Pioneer) having connectivity issues. Bluetooth connection usually works fine, but when trying to use Connect it fails. 

The team in charge is already looking into this, so we've merged a few threads here to keep you all in the loop.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your reports so far.

We can confirm that support for Pioneer and JVC-Kenwood car audio head units has been deprecated. This means it will no longer be possible to launch the built-in Spotify app from the interface, but you should still be able to play audio from your mobile devices via Bluetooth or through a USB cable.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
pipeflo06

I changed to January Version and stop the update in play store until the situation is resolve or until funtion, after this Ibwill cancel my premium and use other platform

NoSurrender

I have rolled back and it makes no difference. I have tried going back to 10 versions. No difference. 

Either the protocol is switched off or its not. How can it still work for some of us and not others?

sh4zu

Honestly this is disgusting behaviour by Spotify and their development/management team. I hope the functionality is restored for you guys.

NoSurrender

Any Apple users?

Rawrso

@NoSurrender try doing a factory reset on your headunit and remove it on your phone as a device. Years ago updates would break the app and I had to resort to this to fix it while using an older version. FWIW I'm using 8.6.84.1240

Clothednblack

I wrote a nice letter with all the details and a copy of the transcripts for the conversation I had with a Spotify rep. Sent it to JVC, Kenwood and Pioneer, letting them know the decision Spotify has made just in case they were not aware of the situation. I suggest everyone do the same. Maybe we can make something happen.

Russbmw

@Clothednblack already done earlier today with kenwood and the place I bought my head it from.

Can you do everyone a favour and post the contact emails for the various manufacturers? The only one I could find was kenwood in Canada! 😂

Clothednblack

These are the sites I used to share the dirty deeds of Spotify. 0i would hate for these companies to get sued for false advertising on the packages they have in stores showing they support a company that doesn't support them back. Advertising Bluetooth media compatibility is was different than claiming to support Spotify itself. These companies need to know what's happening and how many people have been played by Spotify regardless of membership status.

https://inquiry.kenwood.com/contact/usa/index.asp

https://www.pioneerhomeusa.com/contact-support/

NoSurrender

@Rawrso I tried. Install old APK reset the HU. No good. I even tried on a different phone, same again 😞

Thanks for trying but it would see that with the Kenwood it just wont happen.

Russbmw

Screenshot_20220313-230108_Chrome.jpg

This is going to be fun....