Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connection issues with car stereo receivers

Hi everyone,

We've received reports about car receivers (mainly Pioneer) having connectivity issues. Bluetooth connection usually works fine, but when trying to use Connect it fails. 

The team in charge is already looking into this, so we've merged a few threads here to keep you all in the loop.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your reports so far.

We can confirm that support for Pioneer and JVC-Kenwood car audio head units has been deprecated. This means it will no longer be possible to launch the built-in Spotify app from the interface, but you should still be able to play audio from your mobile devices via Bluetooth or through a USB cable.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
aeroncadin

I just found out the reason why my most used feature is not working. 

Long time premium user and just switched to family plans. 

This is COMPLETELY unacceptable Spotify! 

xj04

I've had Spotify Premium for a few years (and ad supported for way longer). I plan on getting an aftermarket head unit this year to replace my aging one. If it doesn't work despite saying it does all so Spotify can sell some $90 gadget I'll be switching streaming services. Even if that's not the case you're abandoning thousands of people who bought a head unit specifically for it's Spotify functionality. It's shameful 

NoSurrender

Still there on the Kenwood site.

I have raised a ticket 😉

NoSurrender_0-1647183574459.png

pipeflo06

IS UNACEPTABLE, I put my comments also in Pioneer link, Why I have to accept that I bought a car stereo with spotify ready and now I cant use this option?

VaTreefarmer

@Mick46  It's possible that people like @VaTreeFarmer have already subscribed to Pandora and are awaiting to see if they have similar issues before cancelling the Spotify subscription altogether. It's also possible that he has shared this thread on a few other social media platforms in an attempt to bring this issue to light with other Spotify subscribers. Heck, it's even possible that he shared the workaround he discovered just because some people might find that info useful. I get that you're frustrated, **bleep**, it's why I'm here as well. But please don't go calling me out as someone who finds this action acceptable when you have no clue what my next steps are. We are all being ****ed by Spotify together and I'm no happier about it than you are.

9087fdasjkl

@MafeGI've been having issues with my Pioneer stereo for a few months. Now I find out that Spotify has switched off that functionality? How is this acceptable?

I pay for Spotify subscription and purchase a head unit that has application support, and for some reason (read: your greed) you have turned off bluetooth spotify application support. This is rediculous. I will be modifying my family plan subscription and finding a new music provider. This is abhorrent customer service to think I would "understand" your malicious intent. Tell your team leads and directors that this needs to be rolled back and re-enabled. As a programmer and tech loving person, the idea that you butcher 3rd support to enable support on your other devices **bleep**. Do better. I am extremely displeased with this.

Thatguy801

@MafeG thanks for giving me a good reason to finally switch to tidal. Im sorry that your management clearly doesnt care about your user base.

Ive been using this app for 4 years perfectly fine with my pioneer 2660 nex, the fact that spotify would kill this feature is 100% greed. Trying to sell more spotify "car things". Not only will I not get a car thing but now you will also lose out on my monthly subscription.

Have a good day.

dgambino03

@MafeG does this mean that full Spotify functionality will still work with Boss/Alpine/Sony/Jenson/SoundStream car audio head units? OR has Spotify deprecated support for all car audio head units because they aren't the "Car Thing?"

Please give us a clear concise answer on these items.

radiodeer

Unacceptable answer from Spotify, you can bet I`ll never pay for Spotify ever again.

Mick46

@VaTreefarmer yeah sorry was a comment in frusteration. Anger well and truly directed in the wrong place.

@dgambino03 i wouldnt rely on any long term certainty from anything. The original reason for this post was to fix an issue that a month later they've decided to completely remove support for.